Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
At Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our organization grows and succeeds when all members of the community, where we live and serve, have a seat at the table to help us ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat. We invite candidates from all diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, etc., to join our team.
Summary of the Position:
The Front Desk Receptionist is the first point of contact many people have with Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank and handles the flow of visitors, calls and communications through the Food Bank in an accurate, high quality and timely manner.
The incumbent should demonstrate passion for social services, provide outstanding customer service, demonstrate empathy, enthusiasm and perseverance and embody the respect we have for people we serve as well as for our partners and community members who join us in this effort.
This position also serves as a administrative assistant for the Human Resources Department, completing basic clerical task.
Front Desk Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls via a multi-line telephone system
- Ensure that guest and staff are taking their temperatures as they enter the facility
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries; maintain postage machine; train pertinent staff in outgoing and incoming mail procedures
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access (monitor logbook, issue visitor and volunteer badges)
- Update appointment calendars and schedule meetings/appointments
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
- Data entry, data maintenance, and some cross-departmental office support
- Maintain an adequate supply of all common office supplies
- Maintain schedule of front desk coverage
- Create ID badges for new staff
- Maintain a clean and welcoming area for our guest
- Take the mail to the post office daily
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service
- Proficient using Microsoft Office
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to keep calm, organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
- High School Diploma required
- Employee must pass Act 33 and Act 34 Background checks
- Ability to move or lift 25-50 pounds
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.