Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
At Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our organization grows and succeeds when all members of the community, where we live and serve, have a seat at the table to help us ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat. We invite candidates from all diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, etc., to join our team.
The Community Fundraising team at Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank is an integral facet of the organization’s everyday operations. This team provides oversight to more than 400 community events and drives annually. We have seasonal, full-time and seasonal, part-time positions that will work in the field and assist the Community Fundraising Team by providing on-site support during ‘Peoples Natural Gas Holiday Market’ located in Market Square downtown from November 26, 2021 through December 23, 2021.
- Ensure that food and monetary donations are being received and processed in accordance with Food Bank best practices.
- Create a welcoming environment for all volunteers arriving on site and ensure a positive volunteer experience by providing excellent oversight and engagement.
- Train volunteers and oversee volunteer activity.
- Ensure that appropriate rosters, volunteer data, and donation information is being collected and returned to the Community Fundraising Team.
- Provide information on how to receive food assistance, as well as education regarding ways the community can engage with the Food Bank.
- Work cooperatively with Holiday Market partners.
- Open/close the shift, which includes arriving 1/2 hour early to touch base with the onsite manager of the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership.
- Customer service, retail experience, or promotional/event experience preferred.
- Majority of this project will be located outdoors. Candidate must be willing to be outdoors in all weather conditions and on their feet for extended periods of time.
- Follow and enforce social distancing protocols
- Position requires excellent organizational and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Work schedule flexibility is critical
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work environment
Certificates: Act 33 & 34 Clearances
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.