Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Establish and implement procedures to maximize the efficiency of the Operations functions of the Food Bank. Analyze inventory, receiving, order fulfillment and Repack as relates to product movement. Generate reports of product movement to establish production goals and submit reports for regulatory compliance. Manage the procurement of non-inventory supplies and equipment for Food Bank and partner network. Work with Sourcing function to determine if non-food supplies are needed for inventory. Supervise Operations clerical staff and Product Flow Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Compile and analyze inventory information to determine that proper controls exist around receipts and distributions
- Oversee the timely and accurate postings of inventory receipts and distributions
- Develop and monitor metrics that monitor inventory performance
- Prepares internal poundage reports and external Feeding America monthly and quarterly poundage reports including data obtained from the Food Bank’s Partner Distribution Organizations (PDOs)
- Prepare monthly inventory transaction and valuation reports for Federal, State and County agencies
- Maintain cost information for inventory items to ensure all donated products are costed accurately in accordance with Federal, State and Feeding America guidelines
- Develop an ongoing program of inventory cycle counts and work with Operations Manager on implementing and monitoring the program
- Assist in the coordination of the annual physical inventory
- Support the Operations Department with guidance for proper inventory control
- Work with staff to expand the Advance Choice program
- Submit monthly and quarterly product reports to required regulatory bodies
Provide financial and operational analysis of specific areas within Operations
- Support Operations function by creating reports to analyze efficiencies of various functions of the group
- Assist in development and documentation of processes and systems to improve efficiency of Operations group
- Develop thresholds for appropriate inventory levels and address slow-moving or underrepresented items/categories
- Create ongoing operations dashboard to highlight inventory turns and other key metrics
Oversee non-inventory procurement to support the Food Bank Operations and Partner Network
- Develop the best sources of supply that provide the best availability and reliability at the lowest price
- Seek out new sources of supply and maintain good vendor relationships
- Work with Food Bank staff and partners within the network to ensure that supplies and equipment needs are met in a timely way
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Management and three to five years of inventory systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge and extensive experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams
- Extensive experience with ERP or inventory/accounting software with an understanding of order processing systems and inventory movement in a warehouse environment
- Excellent organizational, reasoning, mathematical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team environment with members from various departments and organizations
- Excellent communication skills of all types is a must
- Must be able to work strategically and effectively with multiple team members
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
Certificates: Act 33 & Act 34 Clearances
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.