Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
At Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, we’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our organization grows and succeeds when all members of the community, where we live and serve, have a seat at the table to help us ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat. We invite candidates from all diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, etc., to join our team.
Summary of Position: The Safety and Compliance Manager is responsible for setting and maintaining Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank’s programs for safety, including food safety, quality assurance, and audit compliance within all regulatory capacities. This position is responsible for verifying and maintaining GPCFB’s food safety and quality standards for all products and for maintaining accurate compliance records in accordance with AIB, Feeding America, and other government inspection agencies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep informed and consistently practice the policies and procedures of Feeding America, USDA, FDA, PDA, OSHA, ACHD, DOT and other government regulations pertaining to safety, food handling, storage, sanitation, and disposal
- Develop and maintain safe-food handling guidelines and tools for GPCFB and its members. Coordinate training for these parties
- Monitor, track, and assume responsibility for all member agencies’ compliance to GPCFB food safety training requirements
- Develop and maintain Quality Control/Quality Assurance program to ensure the safety and quality of products
- Implement food safety recalls in a timely manner whenever necessary. Ensure appropriate documentation thereof; and communicate actions and results to appropriate regulatory authorities.
- Train all applicable staff on GPCFB’s GMP standards, regulatory and compulsory requirements, keeping up to date with industry standards and best practices
- Chair the Safety Committee to ensure compliance with all regulatory oversight, including Feeding America, AIB, and other inspection agencies
- Assist Partner Agencies, RDOs and/or PDO’s, as directed, with warehouse compliance training, including performing facility audits as needed
- Investigate accidents to implement preventative measures where applicable
- Maintain ongoing records of all accidents reported by employees, volunteers, or other visitors to the building. Recommend appropriate actions to upper management
- Oversee bi-annual AIB audit process as the subject matter expert for all requirements
- Take ownership of all requirements of the Feeding America audit as it relates to the Operations function
- Responsible for enforcing a Powered Industrial Truck program. Ensure that only trained staff who have successfully completed the training program are allowed to operate powered industrial trucks such as pallet jacks, reach trucks, and forklifts. Ensure that employees inspect powered industrial trucks at the beginning of each work shift and complete the appropriate inspection forms. Training documentation must be maintained on each trained operator
- Oversees the Food Safety Team. The Food Safety Team conducts monthly inspections of the entire facility and outside grounds. On completion of food safety inspection an action plan to ensure any non-conformances are dealt with immediately and appropriately. Ensure a completion date is entered into the inspection to document the corrective action has been carried out. Retain and file the inspection
- Inspect Insect-susceptible food products in the warehouse that have been on inventory over 28 days. Monthly documentation must be maintained.
- Additional responsibilities as defined by management
- Experience with AIB, FDA, USDA, OSHA, or other regulatory agency requirements for warehouse inspection.
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to communicate enthusiastically and professionally
- Good, accurate database management skills are required
- Proficient in MS Office: i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities
- Strong interpersonal skills, good time management skills, and strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Must be able to meet crises calmly, show attention to detail and accuracy, and can work with a minimal supervision.
- Familiar with pallet jack, forklift and other warehouse related equipment
- Ability to make presentations and develop and deliver information to a variety of audiences
- 5 years of food distribution industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of food bank programs and the mission of food banks is a plus
Certificates: Act 33 & Act 34 Clearances, First Aid / CPR Certification, Seafood HACCP Certification and Food Safety Certification
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.