Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Provide incoming callers with the most current and accurate information for all food assistance programs and other relevant resources
- Refer clients to available resources by following specified written telephonic protocols
- Complete over the phone pre-screenings for various programs and provide application assistance as needed
- Listen, assess and troubleshoot issues related to accessing food assistance programs as needed.
- Complete all follow-up procedures required to maintain client records and data collection
- Adhere to all outlined protocols regarding security and confidentiality to protect personal client information.
- Provide excellent customer service to all incoming referrals.
- Communicate clearly and listen effectively in order to determine best referral program to meet current need.
- Support all call center team members to guarantee success
- Complete filing, mailing and clerical tasks as needed
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have one or more years customer service within a nonprofit
- Must be highly comfortable working with MS Office: i.e. Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to be patient and “keep their cool” with difficult and/or emotional callers
- Able to meet crises calmly, solve problems, maintain attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Able to work on a team and interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision and show appropriate levels of initiative
Certificates: Hiring is contingent on candidate passing the following clearances that are paid for by the Food Bank: FBI Clearance, Act 33 & Act 34 Clearances
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.