Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
This is a temporary position from May 24, 2021 to August 24, 2021.
The Child Nutrition Summer Programs Compliance Monitor supports the administrative and programmatic work of the Food Bank as it acts as a Sponsor of the USDA and PA Department of Education (PDE) administered Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). The Monitor will be primarily responsible for conducting the required in-person monitoring visits to our food service sites and will maintain all regulatory records associated with visits. The Monitor will also coach sites on compliance and Link2Feed implementation. Additionally, the Monitor will provide day-to-day programmatic support to sites and the Child Nutrition Team as needed. He or she works as a member of a team to achieve the goals of the strategic plan of Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Registering new food service sites and completing all onboarding process requirements
- Ensuring that all site paperwork and claims documentation is complete, accurate and submitted on-time
- Preparing and sending reporting forms and other information to food service sites
- Communicating with food service sites regarding weekly orders, supplies, food quality concerns, delivery issues and other needs
- Monitoring food service sites to ensure compliance with USDA regulations and reviewing performance of providers during monitoring visits
- Coaching sites on compliance issues and Link2Feed meal-counting software
- Connecting daily with the Child Nutrition Programs Team to report updates and issues with sites
- Carrying out additional responsibilities as determined by the Child Nutrition Programs Supervisor
- High School diploma required
- Prior experience with the Summer Food Service Program strongly preferred
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook (email), and able to learn and coach sites on Link2Feed meal counting software
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and telephone skills are required
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented and the ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks
- Possess an attitude of collaboration for working with community organizations
- High quality customer service skills (exhibit objectivity, calmness, persistence, helpfulness and empathy)
- Ability to work with people from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must possess a vehicle and valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license. Work travel is reimbursed at the federal reimbursement rate.
Certificates: Hiring is contingent on candidate passing the following clearances that are paid for by the Food Bank: PA State Police Background clearance, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Federal Criminal History Record Information (FBI Report)
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.