Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
The Warehouse Supervisor oversees the day-to-day functions of the Food Bank warehouse, including but not limited to order fulfillment, receiving and some aspects of shipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that all aspects of the Food Bank warehouse are operating at the highest efficiency
- Ensures that all warehouse Ops staff, including drivers, are fully trained in all functions related to the warehouse, including but not limited to, use of equipment, food safety and sanitation.
- Develop and implement accuracy assurance program for order fulfillment
- Monitor conditions of product in warehouse with special emphasis on produce
- Perform regular pick slot audits including expiration dates
- Process warehouse damages on a daily basis
- Assist with development and implementation of inventory cycle count program
- Ensure that all established procedures for all aspects of warehouse are being followed, including storage, receiving, order fulfillment, sanitation and safety.
- Review existing procedures and make improvements where appropriate.
- Print orders for fulfillment as needed
- Verify pallet counts of delivery orders and share information in a timely manner
- In conjunction with Safety and Compliance Manager develop and implement safety training programs
- Work with appropriate staff to establish performance goals and generate reports to communicate successes or shortfalls
- Generate and publish weekly schedule
- Monitor warehouse staff for productivity and compliance, including daily review of pickers report
- Manage transfer of product to and from off-site storage facilities
- Assist staff with product rotation to assure highest quality of product is being distributed
- Must have 5 years warehouse experience. Food warehouse a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred not required
- Knowledge of all types of material handling equipment and use of riding jack and reach truck required
- Strong communication and customer service skills are required
- Proficient in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must have the ability to interact effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and personalities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Must be able to meet crises calmly, show attention to detail and accuracy, and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to create reports and use data to improve efficiencies
- Supervisory experience preferred not required
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Position will require walking or standing the majority of shift.
Certificates: Act 33 & Act 34 Clearances.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.