Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank
The Child Nutrition Programs Assistant will provide project and administrative support to the Child Nutrition Outreach Manager and the Child Nutrition Programs Supervisor. The Assistant supports the administrative and programmatic work of the Food Bank as it acts as a Sponsor of the USDA and PA Department of Education (PDE) administered Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) and the Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). The Assistant will conduct in-person monitoring visits to our food service sites, provide support to volunteer monitors, register new food service sites, enter data, organize training materials, maintain regulatory records, prepare mailings and partner communications, and provide other support to the Child Nutrition Programs Team as needed. He or she works as a member of a team to achieve the goals of Food Security Partnerships and the strategic plan of Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring food service sites to ensure compliance with USDA regulations and reviewing performance of providers during monitoring visits
- Providing on-site coaching and check-in calls and visits with food service sites where compliance issues have been identified
- Assisting with recruitment, training and support of volunteer monitors
- Collecting and filing all regulatory paperwork required for compliance with USDA programs
- Preparing and mailing reporting forms and other information to food service sites
- Assisting with registration of new food service sites and completing all onboarding process requirements
- Preparing folders with required materials for food service staff training and maintaining training records
- Assisting with collection and entering of information reported from food service sites required for reimbursement (attendance, meals served, numbers enrolled)
- Communicating regularly with food service sites regarding weekly orders, supplies, food quality concerns, delivery issues and other needs
- Ordering and organizing supplies for program outreach for Child Nutrition staff
- Carrying out additional responsibilities as determined by the Child Nutrition Programs Supervisor and Child Nutrition Outreach Manager
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associates degree with relevant experience acceptable
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and comfort with learning new technology
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and telephone skills are required
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented and the ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks
- Possess an attitude of collaboration for working with community organizations
- High quality customer service skills (exhibit objectivity, calmness, persistence, helpfulness and empathy)
- Ability to work with people from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Be available to work evening and weekends as needed during a 40-hour work week, including school-year monitoring visits that generally occur between 3 pm and 6:30 pm at least two days per week.
- Must possess a vehicle and valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license. Work travel is reimbursed at the federal reimbursement rate.
Certificates: Hiring is contingent on candidate passing the following clearances that are paid for by the Food Bank: FBI Clearance, Act 33 & Act 34 Clearances
This position is a full-time position with a schedule that varies seasonally to accommodate program needs. School-year monitoring visits generally occur between 3 pm and 6:30 pm at least two days per week and require Saturday visits about once every six weeks. Summer monitoring visits occur between 8 am and 2 pm (no Saturday visits required).
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.