Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank
Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank partners with volunteers in its Volunteer Engagement Center (VEC) to transform and repack product to meet the needs of the community. This position ensures that the daily repack operations of the Volunteer Engagement Center meet the Food Bank’s established productivity levels and quality standards, while providing a safe and rewarding volunteer experience for all individuals and groups who participate.
- Partner with Operations managers to assess productivity and stocking levels. Ensure established sorting and repackaging quality standards are being maintained to achieve partner satisfaction with product received from the Food Bank.
- Collaborate with the Community Engagement Manager to ensure that the numbers and types of volunteers scheduled will successfully meet productivity and quality goals, while balancing the need to engage those targeted volunteer groups to increase community involvement and support of the Food Bank’s mission.
- Create and sustain a fun, safe, and engaging volunteer experience within the VEC. Seek feedback to consistently provide an outstanding level of volunteer satisfaction. Maintain a high level of customer service with volunteers and other visitors by ensuring that volunteer projects are well planned and organized in advance; volunteer groups are welcomed and received promptly to start their activities; that volunteers have necessary supplies, training, and instructions to perform required jobs.
- Coordinate issues such as staff illness, vacation, absence due to meetings, etc. that would necessitate discussion concerning adequate staffing for volunteer supervision.
- Lead team effectively including scheduling daily work assignments, cross-training employees and developing staff. Supervise all staff and volunteers who work in the VEC. Plan performance objectives for staff, staff development, and conduct staff performance reviews.
- Inspect the VEC area daily for safety and sanitation compliance. Resolve all safety issues immediately.
- Produce accurate and timely administrative reports such as inventory management (including but not limited to production statistics, product transformation, and monthly metrics). Identify deficiencies in reports and design/re-design/correct as needed.
- Manage VEC budget.
- Perform other duties as required.
Other Aspects of the Job:
- Current schedule for this position is Monday through Friday with some coverage required for Saturday and evening volunteer opportunities. The schedule for this position is subject to change.
- This position functions in a warehouse environment. The candidate will be expected to split time between supervising staff and volunteers, general office duties, operating equipment (forklift, pallet jack, etc), and coordinating efforts with cross-departmental managers.
- Experience in supervising diverse groups of people is required
- High quality customer service skills
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Teams, and Word preferred
- Experience with ERP or inventory management software preferred
- Inventory and materials handling/warehousing experience preferred
- Must be able to work strategically and effectively with multiple team members
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities and demands through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
Certificates: Act 33 & Act 34 Clearances
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.