The Group Against Smog and Pollution (GASP) is a nonprofit organization committed to improving air quality to protect human, environmental, and economic health in Southwestern Pennsylvania. We use a combination of education, litigation, advocacy, and policy to achieve this mission.
The Seasonal Air Quality Educator will work closely with GASP’s Education and Events Coordinator to design and deliver air quality related education to the public through classes, tabling and community events, and GASP’s week long summer camp. Approximately 20 hours a week will be needed from April 2019 to August 2019 with more time dedicated during June as part of summer camp preparation and delivery.
- Collaborate with Education and Events Coordinator to design, prepare , and deliver air quality education
- Represent GASP at a variety of community engagement events
- Help to plan, promote, and co-lead GASP’s week long summer camp for middle school aged children
- Help with the planning and promotion of activities related to GASP’s 50th Anniversary Celebration
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Interest in local environmental issues and environmental education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal, and public speaking
- Professional and positive attitude; strong work ethic; ability to work both independently and with a team
- Strong organizational and small project management skills
- Extremely reliable and honest
- Flexible working hours, including the ability to occasionally work on weekends and weeknights at GASP and/or other environmental events and activities
- Must have up to date Act 33, Act 34, and FBI fingerprinting clearances, or the ability to obtain them
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED EXPERIENCE
- Previous summer camp, classroom, or afterschool experience
- Previous experience working with the public, especially in an educational setting
- Reliable transportation
Compensation is $12.50 an hour.
Applicants should send cover letter and resume to Chelsea Hilty at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Seasonal Air Quality Educator” in the subject line. Deadline to apply is February 15, 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com