Gwen's Girls, Inc.
Website Gwen's Girls, Inc.
Inspiring New Destiny
Our Mission is to empower girls and young women to have productive lives through holistic, gender-specific programs, education, and experiences.
Job Purpose: The Parent and Community Engagement Coordinator focuses on parent/guardian involvement, including family activities/workshops, family support services, case management, and partnerships with community agencies, with the goal of assisting parents/guardians in becoming more involved with their child’s participation in Gwen’s Girls and school.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Social Work, Education or related field.
- Must have a minimum of five years working with Black girls and their families, with experience in providing gender-specific, trauma-informed approaches to prevention/intervention services.
- Past leadership experience that includes the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients, community leaders, and administrators from the various systems that serve our clients.
- Knowledge of inequity issues that impact Black girls.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the complex issues that impact families and girls living in under-served, low socioeconomic areas.
- Must be available to work non-traditional hours – evenings and weekends.
- Valid PA driver’s license with excellent driving record, reliable vehicle, insurance 300/100,000 and registration required.
Clearances Required: PA Act 33 (Child Abuse) / Act 34 (Criminal History) / Federal Criminal History Record (FBI Fingerprint) / National Sex Offender Registry
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal relationship, and communications skills necessary.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of and respect for the cultural diversity of clients, volunteers, and staff throughout the provision of services.
- Ability to make safe and appropriate decisions during times of crisis.
- Responsible for the oversight and monitoring of all family, parent/guardian, and community engagement services including parent workshops, family support services, case management, and partnerships with community agencies.
- Manage and plan parent involvement activities at each site based on the needs of the families. Coordinate incentives such as field trips, childcare, awards, games, and other activities to encourage family participation.
- Conduct outreach to parents/guardians to encourage their participation in Family Nights and their child’s attendance in the afterschool program.
- Engage the community and community-based programs to establish partnerships and areas of collaboration to meet the needs of our girls and families. Be knowledgeable of community resources and community-based program to make referrals for families to address specific needs.
- Work collaboratively with site-based Program Coordinators to promote participation and community involvement in the family engagement process.
- Manage, plan and facilitate activities for the youth involved in the Youth Advisory Board to create positive social change within Gwen’s Girls and their community. Coordinate the monthly meetings; work with the girls to advocate and advise on policies and address concerns for their individual sites and Gwen’s Girls as a collective community.
- Manage, plan, and facilitate activities for the youth involved in Black Girls Advocacy and Leadership Alliance (BGALA). Coordinate weekly meetings and work the girls and partnering universities to work on advocacy and leadership efforts of our high school aged youth.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring, tracking, follow-up, and proper documentation of activities/workshops, individual and/or group sessions as documented in the Key Information Demographic System (KIDS) and agency database.
- Incorporates Sanctuary tools and practices into everyday interactions to create a trauma-informed environment. Upholds the principles of Sanctuary to provide a therapeutic framework and culture.
To apply for this job please visit gwens-girls-incorporated.prismhr-hire.com.