Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh
Website Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh
Everyone Deserves a Decent Place to Live
The mission of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh to bring people together to build homes, communities, and hope through homeownership and home repair services and is seeking a volunteer engagement specialist to support this mission through providing exceptional volunteer experiences and developing partnerships with local organizations.
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills dealing well with a variety of people, personalities, and backgrounds and have the following skills and abilities:
- Experience facilitating groups and diverse populations
- Strong organizational skills, self-discipline, and work habits
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite & Social Media (CRM database experience preferred)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Act as a visible ambassador for Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh through program commitment and be able to answer Habitat-related questions from all potential stakeholders
- Solicit, Secure, and Coordinate the volunteers needed to achieve Habitat Pittsburgh’s mission goals. This will involve coordinating with Office, Construction, and ReStore teams as to their volunteer needs
- Manage volunteers by communicating details and expectations prior to service, ensure positive on-site experience, follow up with volunteers after service with surveys, appreciation, donation solicitation, etc.
- Build and maintain Habitat Pittsburgh’s volunteer community through implementing volunteer stewardship practices to increase satisfaction, retention, and volunteer to donor conversion
- Develop Habitat Pittsburgh’s social media presence
- Collect, Record, and Analyze volunteer data.
- Develop build day sponsorship framework by sector and market to each sector
- Secure build day sponsorships from local and national organizations
- Present Habitat Pittsburgh’s mission, goals, and vision to local community groups, trade Organizations, and Corporations to engage potential partners, volunteers, and donors.
- B.A./B.S degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Background check required
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time exempt position. Compensation is dependent upon experience. Additional benefits include health, vision, and basic dental insurance, retirement savings plan, and paid time off.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com