Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh
Website Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh
Everyone Deserves a Decent Place to Live
The mission of Habitat for Humanity of Greater Pittsburgh is to bring people together to build homes, communities, and hope. Habitat Pittsburgh achieves this mission through our homeownership and home repair services which enable local families to build strength, stability, and self-reliance.
Habitat Pittsburgh is currently seeking an Assistant Construction Site Supervisor to work with current site supervisors in overseeing the construction activities that take place on assigned sites. The ideal candidate will have detailed knowledge of the techniques and principles of residential construction & building codes and have the following skills and abilities:
- Skill in using machines, equipment, and specialized tools used while performing work
- Attention to construction safety, detail, and overall quality control
- Project management and organizational skills
- Well-developed analytical and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills, dealing well with a variety of people, personalities and backgrounds
- Basic computer skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Construction Activities
- Assist in developing plans and specifications
- Develop good working relationships with subcontractors
- Responsible for breaking down daily construction goals into manageable tasks that can be easily assigned to individuals and groups. Direct workers to new tasks as they complete previous tasks.
- Carefully evaluate and communicate any necessary changes to project Work Plans for approval by immediate supervisor.
- Ensure the team is meeting all standards related to agreed upon green building and energy efficiency practices and other building programs in which the affiliate may be involved
- Monitor site recycling, material reuse, and material storage activities
- Enforce safety policy and OSHA safety standards on site
- Provide exceptional volunteer experiences and ensure proper training and instruction on Habitat’s construction practices and safety procedures are given to all volunteers on assigned sites. Patiently instruct unskilled volunteers.
- Attend full staff meetings and construction staff meetings
- Complete and turn in timesheets in a timely manner
- Properly code invoices and sales slips for purchased materials and all other construction related expenses in a timely manner
- Communicate all potential in-kind donations to administrative staff
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years experience in residential construction, experience with repairs and rehabs preferred
- Experience managing volunteer-run construction preferred
- High School Diploma or GED, required
- Valid Driver’s License
- American Red Cross first aid, safety, and CPR certifications
- OSHA Competent Person Training (through Habitat International)
- Background check required
COMPENSATION: This is a full-time non-exempt position. Compensation is dependent upon experience. Additional benefits include health, vision, and basic dental insurance, retirement savings plan, and paid time off.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should e-mail a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com