Hazelwood Initiative, Inc.
Website Hazelwood Initiative, Inc.
Hazelwood Initiative, Inc. (HI) is a growing 501(c)3 community-based organization committed to economic and social development of the Greater Hazelwood neighborhoods of Hazelwood and Glen Hazel. With a mission to build a stronger Hazelwood through inclusive community development, HI stands at the brink of transformative economic revitalization. We seek an Administrative Assistant to support the Executive Director and our team as we work to achieve the community’s goal of development without displacement.
The Administrative Assistant has a variety of responsibilities, some of which are regular, year-round, and others that are more varied and seasonal. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting with organizational communications, assisting with administration and logistics for the various community events, and supporting the Executive Director with administrative tasks, as needed. This position requires a high level of confidentiality and excellent organizational and administrative skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect & manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Manage internal ordering and supplies maintenance
- Complete general administrative tasks, e.g., copying, filing
- Answer phones and greet & assist visitors to the office
- Record checks, prepare deposits, provide cash receipts, and prepare invoices for approval
- Assist with donation tracking as required and ensure timely delivery of receipts/thank you letters to donors
- Perform minor accounting and bookkeeping duties
- Manage membership and mailing lists
- Assist with preparing packets for Board of Director meetings
- Organize and keep current policy & procedures manual, board orientation materials and other organizational documents
- Support the administrative needs of the Executive Director and other team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Assist Director of Community Initiatives with processing Neighborhood Investment Fund grant requests
- Assist with event communications (pre and post), as required
- Support The Homepage team by ensuring timely generation of ad invoices
Our ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for community-based development and community organizations. Additionally, he/she/they will have a blend of the following:
- Commitment to the mission and vision of Hazelwood Initiative, Inc.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, required; QuickBooks strongly preferred
- Three or more years’ experience in an administrative position
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including strong attention to detail
- Excels at operating in a fast paced, community environment with multifaceted demands
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize projects, and meet critical deadlines
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Exhibit the highest professional standards of integrity, humility, honesty, and kindness
- Able to work in a non-standard office environment
The employee will primarily be working in an office environment, but community events are often outdoors with exposure to the elements. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Any requests for occasional remote work must be approved by the Executive Director.
Please note this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Hours per Week: 25-30 hours/week until COVID recommendations support full reopening, then 40 Hours/Week
Wage Range: $18-20/hour, based on experience
FLSA Status: Part-time to Full-time/Non-exempt
How to Apply
Resume and cover letter should be emailed to email@example.com (preferred) or mailed to Hazelwood Initiative, Inc., 4901 Second Avenue, 2nd fl, Pittsburgh, PA 15207.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org