Healthy Start Inc.
Website Healthy Start Inc.
Marketing, Communications and Development Coordinator
Application Closing Date: April 23, 2021
The Marketing, Communications and Development Coordinator executes marketing and communications projects across all areas of Healthy Start programming to ensure consistency of brand and messaging for internal and external audiences. As a key contributor to ensuring community awareness of Healthy Start programming, initiatives, and issues that the organization works to address, the Coordinator will develop a comprehensive strategy that reflects knowledge and understanding of our full scope of organizational impact, target audiences, health disparities and racial and health equity.
The role also supports and coordinates targeted resource development activities such as grant writing support, providing administrative support in implementing fundraising plans and budgets, managing communications strategies, donor tracking and stewardship, annual appeals, and special events.
The ideal candidate is assertive, creative, energetic and entrepreneurial, has a strong interest in maternal and child health, has strong writing and design skills, has ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects involving diverse stakeholders, is self-motivated, is proactive in problem solving, and pays close attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and Communications
- Coordinate the development of a comprehensive marketing and communications plan
- Serve as primary point of contact for marketing and communications, ensuring adherence to branding standards, quality and consistency
- Manage Healthy Start website and social media
- Create content for multiple communication vehicles, including press kit, newsletter, annual report, health education flyers, program announcements, press releases, etc.
- Support the planning and execution of special events
- Write components of grant proposals, budgets and reports
- Develop prospect and donor-facing communications such as reports, appeals and thank you letters
- Maintain accurate and timely donation records using DonorPro and provide reports as needed
- Develop and maintain system to track grants received and reporting deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years marketing, communications and/or development experience preferred
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Database management experience, DonorPro preferred
- Social media management and web design, experience with WordPress a plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Project management experience with ability to work independently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit discretion with sensitive information.
- Strong interpersonal skills; professionalism and demeanor
- Working knowledge of maternal and child health and other organizations working specifically to serve Black mothers, babies, families and birthing people
This position will work under the direction of the CEO.
**During the pandemic, this position will primarily operate remotely
- The work performed is 90% office work requiring sitting, typing and answering phones, with occasional light lifting, carrying, stooping, standing, bending, walking and filing.
- Intense mental, visual and aural attention is required as the work involves responding to requests, planning or performing work that is at times, can be fast-paced.
- The other 10% of the position is conducted in the field. Candidate must possess the ability to work at locales outside of the office environment.
- Out of town and overnight travel is may be required on occasion.
$40-45K with full benefits package. Position is classified as FLSA exempt.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Subject line: Marketing, Communications and Development Coordinator
Please include both a confidential writing and creative/design sample.
NO phone calls please
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org