The mission of Healthy Start is to improve maternal and child health and to reduce poor birth outcomes and infant mortality in Allegheny County.
Hello Baby is a voluntary program for parents of new babies designed to strengthen families, improve children’s outcomes, and maximize child and family well-being, safety and security. As part of the Hello Baby tiered support strategy, the Hello Baby Priority program focuses on engagement and support for families with highest need.
Moving Beyond Depression™ is an evidence-based clinical model. The Moving Beyond Depression ™ Clinician for the Hello Baby Priority program conducts psychosocial assessments and provides In-Home Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (IH-CBT) to women in their homes. The purpose of the intervention is to facilitate recovery from maternal depression in women served by home visiting programs, thereby promoting the healthy development of infants and children. The Clinician works closely with the home visiting team/program and other community services to ensure continuity of participant care.
Skills and Competencies:
Training and experience delivering cognitive behavioral therapy
- Training and experience in delivering psychotherapy to women with mood disorders. Training and experience in working with serious mental health conditions and complex clinical presentations.
- Psychosocial knowledge and clinical ability sufficient to provide services to women enrolled in home
Appreciation for diversity
- Understanding and showing respect and appreciation for the uniqueness of all individuals; leveraging differences in others’ perspectives and ideas; appreciating cultural differences and adjusting one’s approach to successfully integrated with others who are different from oneself.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, sound judgment, diplomacy and tact. Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients in their home.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Independence, accountability and autonomy
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Being open to change and considerable variety in work environments. Effortlessly adjusting to new or
changing situations and unexpected events. Willing to work flexible hours.
Qualifications of Position:
The Clinician must possess a Master’s Degree in social work, counseling or related mental health field. Must be passionate about community-based work and home visiting. At least three years’ experience working with maternal depression and/or cognitive behavioral therapy preferred.
- Clearances are required
- Must possess a valid unrestricted Pennsylvania Driver’s License and be able to conduct home visits for the purpose of field supervision
- Must possess current and valid unrestricted automobile insurance and be listed as an insured driver
This position works under the direction of the Hello Baby Priority Program Director, and receives clinical supervision from the Moving Beyond Depression™ Team Lead.
The starting salary range for this position is $40K-$45K, commensurate with skills and experience. We offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org