We are seeking a passionate, energetic, reliable, and responsible candidate, with particular interest in maternal and child health and family health, to support our growing programs. As part of the Healthy Start multidisciplinary team, the Maternal and Child Health Program Coordinator (MCH Coordinator) will be expected to provide support—and in some cases be the first point of contact—for families interested and/or enrolled in our Healthy Start Center for Urban Breastfeeding and Doula programs. This public health position supports programming and initiatives that contribute to MCH service provision, managing responsibilities such as maintaining program service records, strengthening community and online presence, managing data collection and analysis, developing communication materials, completing participant intakes, and other related tasks. The MCH Coordinator may also support other related programs.
To carry out this vision, the employee will work directly with program managers to:
· Contact referred participants to complete initial intake.
· Contact program participants to complete follow-up surveys and engage in feedback activities.
· Support communications with external stakeholders and advisory groups.
· Support programs with administrative tasks.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications of Position:
· High school diploma/GED with 3-5 years relevant work exp
· Passion for maternal and child, and family health
· Lived experience related to the mission of the organization
· Leadership skills
· Familiarity with research methods, data analysis, evaluation, community participatory activities, translational science and advanced writing skills
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Ability to engage and maintain positive relationships with Healthy Start participants and stakeholders; professional demeanor
· Ability to manage complex priorities and meet strict deadlines
· Sound oral, written and technical communication skills
· Sound analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to follow instructions and take direction from management and comply with the boundaries of the establish policy and procedures
· Ability to work with multi-cultural participants/agencies
· Ability to work with computer software applications, i.e., word processing, data base and spreadsheets
· Maintain an absolute commitment to protecting the confidentiality of employee and agency information handled on a daily basis
· Experience or understanding of doula and/or lactation support preferred but not required
· Research experience preferred but not required
o Act 33/34 clearances are required
o Must possess a valid unrestricted Pennsylvania Driver’s License
o Must possess current and valid unrestricted automobile insurance and be listed as an insured driver
This position works under the direction of the Director of Strategic Initiatives.
The starting salary for this position is $16.50/hour, 40 hours per week with full benefits and a comprehensive training and professional development program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Please send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com by March 1, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to HR@hsipgh.org