Reports to: Direct Services Coordinator
Full time position: 40 hours per week, nontraditional hours including evenings/weekends as needed to assist Program Participants.
Salary Range: $26,000 – $31,000, includes healthcare and generous vacation and sick time package
The Family Resource Specialist is an essential part of the team at HEARTH. In this role, the ideal candidate will be an experienced strategic thinker, problem-solver, and doer who is responsible for helping clients access and master community services such as childcare, transportation, and permanent housing. The candidate will provide clients with support in identifying, applying to, and accessing programs in the community. Assistance may include but is not limited to contacting and visiting childcare providers, trial runs with public transportation, identifying and visiting potential housing, and coordinating the childcare partnership program.
The candidate should be knowledgeable about strength-based intervention, trauma informed care, socioeconomic/cultural diversity and community resources. Candidate needs to have a strong knowledge of public transportation options, good communication skills, and ability to accompany clients as they perform tasks to achieve their goals. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated, independent and experienced professional to make a lasting impact on the lives of domestic abuse survivors and their children through supporting their successful access to community services.
- Assisting the Direct Services Coordinator with move ins and exits from the transitional housing program
- Assist residents in identifying and enrolling their children in childcare
- Assist residents in locating Permanent Affordable Housing
- Implement Childcare Partnership Transportation Program
- Establish collaborations with other agencies for referrals and service
- Document information as required.
- Associate Degree in Social Work or a related discipline with two years’ experience or High School Diploma and three – five years’ experience.
- Competence in Microsoft office and computer documentation
- Knowledge of Community Services
- Current Driver’s license and insurance
- Organizational Skills (interviews, case notes, supervisory communication)
- Boundary setting with Program Participants
- Ability to be part of a team with other staff (information sharing, problems, deliveries)
- Good written and verbal skills (case documentation, interviews, tours, letters)
- Ability to keep clients on task and ensure accountability
Resumes are due by Thursday August 6 at noon. Interviews will occur the following week.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org