Hebrew Free Loan Association of Pittsburgh
Website Hebrew Free Loan Association of Pittsburgh
JOB SUMMARY: The Hebrew Free Loan Association of Pittsburgh (HFL) is a nonprofit that supports financial stability and advances opportunities for people in our region by providing interest-free loans. The Executive Director will work with the Board to set strategy and oversee the implementation of short and long-term planning, program operations and evaluation, fundraising, and planning for the organization’s growth and continued viability. The Executive Director is responsible for hiring and managing a high-performing staff, supporting the work of the staff and the Board and ensuring a strong partnership between the two as they develop and execute an effective strategy that furthers the organization’s mission. The Executive Director also serves as the organization’s chief spokesperson and plays a leadership role in cultivating new donors and stewarding relationships with existing donors.
REPORTS TO: President and Board of Directors
- Work with the Board of Directors to sustain the organization’s mission, develop strategy for the organization, and set internal policy and budgets.
- Partner with the Board, with input from the staff, to set annual goals and strategies that advance the organization’s mission, and communicate with Board members on a regular basis about operational and situational challenges.
- Work with the Board and Board committees to ensure that members play impactful roles in guiding the organization.
- Instill in the Board the importance of fundraising. Work with the Board president and executive committee to attract new Board members who can make significant contributions to HFL.
Organizational Leadership, Management, & Programmatic Excellence
- Lead HFL’s overall operations, with particular emphasis on creating an organizational climate that is motivating and supports the retention and recruitment of staff.
- Create, implement, and oversee the budget, in conjunction with the Board of Directors and Director of Financial Services.
- Keep HFL at the forefront of interest-free lending in the Jewish community and, where appropriate, extend the organization’s reach into new programs and communities with a goal of increasing the number of loans to support those in need.
- Develop new programs that meet emerging community needs.
- Continue existing and develop new collaborative relationships with other service providers.
- Implement systems to regularly review the efficacy of HFL’s programs; collect and analyze data and evaluate the results of program activities.
- Take an active leadership role in development activities and work closely with the Board in efforts to increase revenue from private sources.
- Maintain and create additional support from foundations, individual donors and other funders.
Improve the Visibility of HFL’s Work
- Develop and leverage an ongoing communications and public relations strategy.
- Serve as the chief spokesperson and face of HFL in the Jewish community and Greater Pittsburgh community at large. Work in collaboration with key members of the organization’s staff and board to promote the mission and work of the organization.
- MSW, MPA, MBA or other advanced degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- At least 5 years of relevant nonprofit leadership experience.
- Knowledge of, and relationships with, professional and volunteer leaders throughout the Pittsburgh non-profit and Jewish community.
- Demonstrated success in major donor solicitation and developing fundraising strategies.
- Experience working collaboratively with a committed Board of Directors in executing mission and vision, implementing a strategic plan and addressing infrastructure needs.
- A persuasive communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, and a track record of building consensus to achieve results.
- Experience in serving as the public face of an organization with all that it entails in public relations, marketing, and branding.
This is a full-time position with a compensation package of up to $75,000 commensurate with experience. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HFL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Working parents are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com