The Development Coordinator provides support for implementing a comprehensive fund development plan that focuses in the area of annual giving, grant gaining, planned giving, events and capital/endowment efforts. The Development Coordinator provides support for the direct cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of individual, corporate, and foundation giving. More specifically, the Development Coordinator is the primary point of contact for all tasks related to the organization’s donor development software (Salsa) and manages all donor-related questions, donation processing, acknowledgements, and reporting. The Development Coordinator implements the strategy for all donor-related questions, donation processing, acknowledgements, and reporting.
The Development Coordinator promotes a professional and positive image for Hekima Place through their knowledge of the organization’s activities and ability to communicate its vision, mission, culture, and policy to all constituency groups. With every position at Hekima Place, the Development Coordinator is expected to support an environment of collaboration, teamwork and respect.
- Manage donor database by entering donor information, managing donor records, and creating donor reports.
- Provides accurate and timely donor acknowledgements and communication.
- Maintaining donor sponsorship records and communication with individual sponsors.
- Work in conjunction with the Finance team to ensure proper donation record keeping.
- Assist with the development, management, and updating of policies and procedures for donor database management, relationship building, communication and reporting.
- Provide CRM training to the development team, assigned board members, development volunteers, or other identified as needed.
- Recruits, trains, and oversees volunteers assisting in the development department as requested.
- Assist in developing strategies to encourage new or increased contributions.
- Assist in developing and implementing fundraising activities, such as campaigns and direct mail programs.
- Assist in writing reports or preparing presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
- Assist and work in conjunction, as needed, with the Executive Director, Board of Directors, key partners on major fundraising events.
- Answers Hekima Place phone line, responds to voice messages, and manages administrator email account for website and general inquiry emails.
- Assist with maintaining social media/website.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum of two years of fundraising experience
- Demonstrated experience in Salsa Labs, Blackbaud products (RENXT, ETapestry), or other CRM software. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Possess excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, computer literacy, organizational ability, administrative and time management skills
- Flexible work availability preferred
This position is 15-20 hours per week and is a mostly on-site position with some remote opportunity. Monday – Friday with flexible hours.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org