Working from our Pittsburgh, PA office, Hello Neighbor is seeking a Community Sponsorship Manager to oversee Hello Neighbor’s Community Sponsorship Program. This program falls within refugee resettlement and is core to our continued growth, sustainability and scalability in supporting refugees within the City of Pittsburgh and Allegheny County.
This is a newly created position at Hello Neighbor and an exciting opportunity to join a fast scaling early-stage nonprofit. This position reports to the Founder and CEO.
This role will pilot Community Sponsorship in Pittsburgh. It’s an exciting opportunity to co-build, along with the Executive Director, a community sponsorship program at Hello Neighbor and the first within the region.
Community Sponsors will support a refugee family as they resettle into our community. As Community Sponsorship Program Manager, you will be at the forefront of a major new initiative, supporting the resettlement of refugees in Pittsburgh. You will work with individuals, community and faith groups to support the efforts of our Reception & Placement team, a Case Manager and Housing and Employment Specialist.
Hello Neighbor’s extensive experience and good practice building a mentorship program of volunteers and caring neighbors, will guide the building of training materials, orientations and successful implementation of community sponsorship teams ultimately supporting the self-sufficiency of our newest neighbors and aspiring Americans.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-6 years of experience in refugee resettlement or a related field
- Excellent communication, writing and project management skills
- Experience working with our cultures and/or additional language proficiency
- Required: Car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- A creative and unique perspective on refugee resettlement and community sponsorship
- A team player
- Great people skills, your role with be very public facing and you will be ease at both public speaking to groups, at trainings and orientations, and interacting directly with community sponsorship individuals and refugees
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Living migration experience and fluency in other languages a plus
- This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office
- Estimated start date: November/December
- Salary range: $53,000-56,000
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until October 31st. Selected candidates will be invited to interview in November.
To apply for this job please visit www.helloneighbor.io.