Hello Neighbor is currently seeking an experienced Development Manager to join our growing team!
Under the leadership of the Founder and Executive Director, this individual will help to create and implement a Development Plan to increase and sustain our annual budget. The Development Manager will be responsible for planning and executing special events and fundraising initiatives that create visibility for the mission of Hello Neighbor and cultivating donor partnerships and relationships that build the organization’s capacity to achieve its revenue goals. Additionally, they will create and manage fundraising appeals and communications pieces including, but not limited to direct mail, social media, email campaigns, and crowdfunding.
The Hello Neighbor fundraising program incorporates a range of elements: individual donors, corporate donors, corporate sponsors, foundation partners, fundraising and revenue-generating events (both in Pittsburgh and around the country), online campaigns, and grants.
Working at Hello Neighbor is an opportunity to be on the ground floor of a fast-paced nonprofit startup. This is a new role and there are considerable opportunities to grow within the organization. Hello Neighbor is committed to supporting staff development.
Founded in 2017, Hello Neighbor works to improve the lives of recently resettled refugee families by matching them with dedicated neighbors to guide and support them in their new lives. 2022 marks our 5th year of operation and our first with a $1 million budget. We have an ambitious year of anniversary activations planned and are excited to post this newly created position to join the team and hit the ground running.
This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office in Larimer. We are currently on a hybrid return-to-work and in the office on Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
We require COVID-19 vaccination and a booster for full-time employees.
- This position will support all areas of fundraising and revenue to support the CEO in generating $500,000+ annually.
- Works in collaboration with the CEO to refine and enhance the existing fundraising strategy and goals
- Works closely with the CEO to identify and develop relationships beneficial to the organization’s overall mission
- Participates as a member of the Hello Neighbor Leadership Team in developing and implementing organization-wide budgets, policies, and programs that will contribute to the organization’s success
- Creates and implements annual fundraising plans and strategies to increase the overall revenue stream for the program and operating funds
- Identifies, cultivates, solicits, and stewards relationships with foundations, major donors, individual donors, corporate partners, and community groups
- Supports the work of the Board of Directors fundraising efforts
- Analyzes and stays up to date with trends in corporate sponsorship and philanthropic giving
- Manages and tracks progress toward advancement goals
- Works closely with the CEO and Board of Directors to identify and develop a robust prospect portfolio
- Leads and manages the identification, research, and solicitation of new donors (individuals, corporations, grants), including event sponsors
- Supports board members in their fundraising responsibilities, allowing us to make good use of their networks
- Leads on the development of written materials in support of cultivation and solicitation activities, including proposals, letters, and presentations for donors, briefing materials, and contract reports
- In collaboration with the CEO, devise an annual schedule of Hello Neighbor fundraising and relationship development events in line with the organization’s strategy, mission, and values
- Coordinate and deliver fundraising events
- Lead digital fundraising strategy in collaboration with marketing for annual appeals, including developing new donor pipelines, direct mail, thematic appeals, and Giving Tuesday end-of-year giving campaigns.
- Oversee the Donor Relations Coordinator to ensure timely and accurate financial tracking, reporting, gift instruments for donors, assuring donor intent in gift/grant distribution, and reporting as necessary for government funding contracts.
- Lead digital donor pipeline cultivation on new platforms in partnership with marketing
- Develop fundraising partnerships with affinity groups (ex: Afghani-American organizations, Interfaith partners, workplace giving, etc.)
Donor communication and management:
- Develop and oversee the donor management process
- Assist the CEO in maintaining relationships with key donors
- Input to organization-wide communications activities to maximize their contribution to fundraising goals, including press, website, annual report, and other promotional materials
- Be responsible for all applicable administrative activities associated with the fundraising program, including gift acknowledgments, regular mailings, and supporting the donor database
- This new position will oversee 2 direct reports (Donor Relations Coordinator, Marketing and Communications Manager) and contractors which could include: Graphic Design, Grant Writer, and Social Media Community Manager
- Will oversee any contractors for events including event producers, photographers and videographers
- Minimum of 3-6 years of nonprofit fundraising/development experience
- Previous experience in management, budgeting, fund development strategy and event planning
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, and also as a team player who productively engages with others at varying levels within and outside of the organization
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Knowledge of CRM software
- Experience writing digital content a plus
- You have a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- A team player
- A strategic manager and leader
- Experience in a fast-paced and/or scaling organization
- Lived migration experience and fluency in other languages a plus
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Experience working with foreign-born populations
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Commitment to equity and inclusion
Why It’s Great to Work Here:
- We are doing innovative work supporting refugees
- We are building a diverse and multicultural community and workplace
- You will learn a lot and develop new skills
- We like to take big risks
- Your opinion matters and will help shape Hello Neighbor’s growth and impact
- We are a small collaborative team that works together closely
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis through February 18, 2022
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview in February and March
- Estimated start date: March 15th
- Salary range: $55,000-60,000
To apply for this job please visit www.helloneighbor.io.