The Membership Coordinator will work directly with the National Program Manager to support the growth of the Hello Neighbor Network, a coalition of like-minded community-based refugee and immigrant support nonprofits from around the country who have joined together to share best practices and learn from each other. This is a leadership fellowship to membership pipeline for nonprofit organizational leaders. Your strong programmatic, advocacy and communication skills will help deliver on our strategic goals and continued growth. This is a full position with opportunities for advancement within our growing organization.
This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office.
The Hello Neighbor Network’s national leadership fellowship program focuses on the specific challenges faced by nonprofit leaders working with refugees: language and literacy barriers; cultural differences; lack of targeted private funding; and little precedent in terms of program evaluation. Being able to tackle these important issues requires answers to many challenging questions. What would it look like to have a nonprofit that is thriving? How can I best support my community? How much will it cost? Am I moving in the right direction?
Because refugees enter our nonprofits with comprehensive needs, the potential for program development is tremendous and can be overwhelming. The fellowship’s curriculum targets topics essential to early stage nonprofits in this space, including governance, technology, fundraising, partnerships and program evaluation.
Your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating internal and external education sessions including: scheduling, invites, reminders, meeting recordings, record keeping and related social media content development and reporting
- Managing day-to-day member relations including: Slack and email communications, surveying, disseminating and gathering information
- Supporting members with technical assistance and support
- Coordinating Network advocacy initiatives as they relate to external events and communications
- Writing press releases and media alerts
- Writing and researching to support our strategic initiatives
- Support for our annual Convening
- Providing administrative support as needed with our database system, communications, and other needs as they arise
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Requires 3+ years of related and/or applicable work experience and a demonstrated ability to effectively work with refugee and immigrant communities
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, cultural humility, and empathy
- Strong writing, research and communication skills
- Strong technology skills including Google Suite tools (including sheets, presentations, documents, and more), Slack, Notion and others
- High attention to detail
- A strong passion for supporting refugees and immigrants
- Excited to grow in a fast-moving startup environment
- Lived migration experience valued and welcomed
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis through November 12th, 2021
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview in November and December
- Estimated start date: December / January
- Salary range: $40,000-43,000
To apply for this job please visit www.helloneighbor.io.