Supporting the lives of recently resettled refugees families.
The Mom-to-Mom Support Coordinator is responsible for developing one of our newer programs, Smart Start for Refugee Mothers and Children. This role is a hands-on and high attention to detail opportunity to help recently resettled refugee expectant and new mothers navigate Pittsburgh and enroll in critical services that help them move from survive to thrive. This is a unique opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to our mission while learning what it takes to build a nonprofit.
- Enroll, support, and serve as case manager for new and expecting refugee mothers, including doing intakes, matching them with a dedicated mom volunteer, and supporting them throughout their perinatal journey.
- Lead recruitment and create enrollment opportunities for new refugee moms — both within the Hello Neighbor program and from other community groups — to join.
- Provide case management for new moms and volunteers as needed, including referring to external partners and involving the Hello Neighbor team as necessary.
- Lead volunteer recruitment and training for local mom volunteers, including volunteer training, matching, tracking, and supporting.
- Coordinate with the Direct Services Coordinator to oversee distributions to new moms including the baby boxes, wishlists for new items, and meal trains.
- Listen to and identify the needs of our refugee moms and create culturally competent programming and support.
- Lead our community partner relationships. This includes maintaining a detailed workflow of those relationships, tracking contact information, and representing Hello Neighbor to new and existing partners.
- Track all partner, volunteer, and mom-to-mom specific donor relationships in an organized and detailed way for relationship building, stewardship and acknowledgement purposes
- Create and constantly develop benchmarks, logic models, outcomes and outputs for the program.
- Develop a recruitment plan including marketing materials, a timeline, and execution strategy to onboard refugee moms.
- Represent Hello Neighbor at collaborative calls and meetings within the maternal health space.
- Stay up to date on maternal health research outcomes and incorporate into program design and implementation as appropriate.
- Minimum of 1-4 years of experience
- Experience in healthcare related to women’s outcomes and/or social work a plus
- Previous experience working with immigrant or low-income communities
- Knowledge of the issues that new and expecting moms face
- Experience building partnerships
- Good report writing skills with good interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly computer literate
- Is an enthusiastic professional, who is comfortable speaking in public and is able to build relationships with internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Masters Degree optional.
- Part-Time Hourly: $20/hour for 20-30 hours a week
- Start Date: ASAP or by January 4th, 2021
- Reports to our Family Services Manager
To apply for this job please visit www.helloneighbor.io.