Working from our Pittsburgh, PA office, Hello Neighbor is seeking a Smart Start Coordinator/Manager who will support Hello Neighbor’s program focused on refugee and immigrant mothers and early childhood development. The range of assignments make this role an exceptional launch pad for personal and professional growth – within Hello Neighbor and beyond.
This position will lead the day-to-day operations of the current Smart Start program and support the program’s continued growth. This position will draw on a candidate’s expertise in program development, case and relationship management, maternal health and/or early childhood development to improve the support and services offered by Smart Start. Please note the range of responsibilities could range on this position if the candidate is hired at a Coordinator or Manager level. This position reports to the Director of Family Services.
This is an in-house position at our Pittsburgh, PA office.
- Support new and expecting refugee and immigrant mothers, including doing intakes, matching them with a dedicated volunteer, and supporting them throughout their peri-natal journey
- Lead recruitment and community partner relationships. This includes maintaining a detailed workflow of those relationships, tracking contact information, and representing Hello Neighbor to new and existing partners
- Lead volunteer recruitment, training for volunteers and volunteer communication
- Oversee distributions of essential items to new moms including the baby boxes, wishlists for new items, and meal trains
- Listen to and identify the needs of our refugee moms and create culturally competent programming and support, including new areas for program growth
- Continue to develop program evaluation metrics including benchmarks, logic models, outcomes and outputs for the program
- Represent Hello Neighbor at collaborative calls and meetings within the maternal health and early childhood spaces
- Stay up to date on maternal health and early childhood research outcomes
- Be excited about program growth and program design which could include developing a more comprehensive early childhood development program components or more intensive case management program components
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Requires 3-5 years of related and/or applicable work experience and a demonstrated ability to effectively work with refugee and immigrant communities, in social work, early education or prenatal or a health-related field
- Required: Car, valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Required: COVID-19 vaccination
- Alignment with and support of Hello Neighbor’s core values
- Flexibility and ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- A team player
- Energetic, motivated and hardworking
- Ability to take direction and work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- Passion for community building, refugee and immigrant rights
- Ability to communicate with diverse communities
- Excellent writing, communication and organizational skills
- Living migration experience and fluency in other languages a plus
- Applications accepted on a rolling basis through October 31st, 2021
- Selected candidates will be invited to interview in November
- Estimated start date: November/December
- Salary range: $40,000-50,000
We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until October 31st. Selected candidates will be invited to interview in November.
To apply for this job please visit www.helloneighbor.io.