Improving the lives of resettled refugee families in Pittsburgh.
Are you looking for a way to have a long-lasting impact on the Pittsburgh community? Are you passionate about welcoming refugees and immigrants? Hello Neighbor, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, is looking for dedicated and engaged young professionals to join its Young Professionals Board.
“As a child of a refugee family, Hello Neighbor’s vision for a more diverse and inclusive city and country means so much to me. My family and I are grateful for the neighbors who helped us transition to life in a new environment, and I am humbled to be able to pay it forward.” – Young Professionals Board Member
ABOUT HELLO NEIGHBOR: Hello Neighbor is a Pittsburgh-based nonprofit organization founded in 2017 committed to supporting recently resettled refugee and immigrant families. Its core programs include Family Mentorship, which matches aspiring Americans with caring Pittsburghers to guide and support them in their new lives; Smart Start which provides one-on-one support to new and expecting moms and babies; Study Buddy, which provides online learning support to refugee students; Direct Services, which supplies families in crisis with essential items and support; and the Hello Neighbor Network, which brings together post-refugee resettlement grassroots organizations to grow and learn from each other.
ABOUT THE YOUNG PROFESSIONALS BOARD: The mission of Hello Neighbor’s Young Professionals Board is to leverage the skills, experiences, and networks of young professionals in Pittsburgh to carry out Hello Neighbor’s mission through four key initiatives: fundraising for the organization, identifying corporate partnerships and sponsorships, supporting Hello Neighbor’s core programs, and recruiting and engaging future and current Young Professionals board members.
- Join the Young Professionals Board for a one-year minimum commitment.
- Attend a minimum of 9 out of 12 annual meetings, held monthly.
- Join one of the following three standing committees: fundraising and partnerships, membership and engagement, or program support.
- Attend or volunteer for at least three annual Hello Neighbor events.
- Commit to a $500 annual give/get requirement through donating or soliciting donations/sponsorships for the organization*
*Exceptions to this financial commitment may be given based on the individual’s particular circumstances.
- Professionals in the early to mid-stage of their career working in the greater Pittsburgh area.
- Self-reliant, self-starter, responsible, accountable, well-organized, and team-oriented.
- Must have a positive attitude, passion for service, be open-minded and compassionate, and be a good communicator.
- Desire to have a positive impact on Pittsburgh’s refugee and immigrant families.
- Willingness to engage friends, family, and professional contacts in Hello Neighbor’s mission.
- Prior experience volunteering for or working with Hello Neighbor is preferred but not required.
- Expand your professional and personal networks and contacts through Young Professional member social events and Hello Neighbor events.
- Develop your leadership skills and experience and build your resume.
- Receive name recognition on Hello Neighbor website to highlight your valued contribution.
- Enjoy periodic promotions of your contribution through Hello Neighbor newsletter and social media posts.
- Opportunity to present on your committee’s contributions at one Hello Neighbor Board of Directors meeting per year, showcasing your value and expanding your opportunity to network with governing board members.
- A complimentary ticket or discounted ticket price to one annual Hello Neighbor event.
If you are interested in applying to be a member of the Hello Neighbor Young Professionals Board, please email a resume and cover letter including your statement of interest to YP@helloneighbor.io. Upon receipt, you will receive an email confirmation with additional information about next steps and the application process. Applications are open through May 21st.
To apply for this job email your details to YP@helloneighbor.io