Heritage Community Initiatives
Website Heritage Community Initiatives
Professional opportunity providing full-time schedule with daylight hours and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including Child Education Benefits (100% discount for the oldest child and 50% discount for siblings or biological and/or adopted grandchildren).
Heritage Community Initiatives is honored to celebrate our fourth decade of serving families in forty communities within Eastern Allegheny County through our Transportation, Education, and Nutrition programs. Each year, Heritage provides highly accredited academically-based early learning and out-of-school time programming for over 300 at-risk children. Heritage Community Transportation, a fixed-route transit service in operation for 20 years, has provided more than 1.5 million rides for residents in largely transit-isolated communities. Heritage is the only human services nonprofit in the Commonwealth designated as a provider of public transportation. More than 100,000 meals are served each year by our Nutrition Services, which offers solutions in meal planning, ordering, preparation, and delivery while creating healthy options for youth and senior populations.
Heritage Community Initiatives, located in Braddock, is seeking an experienced, compassionate, flexible, creative and reliable Behavioral Support Specialist for the Heritage 4 Kids Early Learning Center and HOST (Heritage Out of School Time) programs. Each program is rated STAR 4 by Pennsylvania Keystone STARS, and is affiliated with the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), Pennsylvania Child Care Association (PACCA) and the National After-School Association (NAA). Heritage Education program hours are Monday – Friday from 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM.
This unique full-time position, with a robust benefits package, will largely focus on serving as support for all Heritage Education program classrooms. This professional may also fill-in when necessary for a Teacher when needed, must be passionate about the early education field, and must follow all DHS, STARS, NAEYC, and Head Start regulations, guidelines, and procedures.
- Spend at least 25 hours each week working in the classroom coaching, modeling, observing, and providing individual support to students.
- Institute techniques that aid in the safety and de-escalation of children in extreme duress.
- Meet with individual teaching teams to discuss classroom concerns and observation.
- Provide professional development training to staff on social and emotional support in classrooms.
- Conduct bi-monthly observation of all classrooms.
- Coordinate all support service referrals between families and outside agencies.
- Ensure implementation of all Individual Education Plans (IEP) and behavior plans.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of behavior plans after implementation to assess if the plan needs to be updated
- Demonstrate knowledge of behavior support techniques and skills to aid in the development of individualized behavior plans.
- Ensure behavior plans are implemented with fidelity by staff to maximize effectiveness.
- Provide direct care to assigned students.
- Demonstrate expertise in child/adolescent psychopathology, crisis intervention, de-escalation techniques, and behavioral therapy.
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Child Development, Applied Behavior Analysis, Early Intervention, Education, Special Education, Instruction in Learning, Social Work, Early Childhood, or a related field – Masters preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in early childhood or clinical setting.
- Knowledge of behavior principles, evaluation, and assessment proves, as well as an application of the current version of the DSM preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively.
- Demonstrate computer literacy.
- CPR, First Aid, and Fire Safety or willingness to obtain.
- Current FBI, Child Abuse, National Sex Offender, and State Criminal Background clearances or be able to attain all clearances within 30 days of hire.
- Current health assessment and TB test.
- Ability to frequently lift or move weight as in lifting, carrying or holding children 20+ lbs.
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter and a copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please visit our website for additional information about Heritage Community Initiatives – www.heritageserves.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com