Heritage Community Initiatives
- Process parent billings, including printing and distributing customer statements to education programs for families weekly.
- Manage the ProCare system to ensure that all changes reflected in Pelican (i.e., copay changes, child care schedule, and child information) have been entered accurately.
- Accesses and reviews the Pelican system daily for changes in co-pays, child enrollment, and attendance. If necessary, contact parents or education programs to confirm or resolve any discrepancies that occur.
- Responsible for communication to families (i.e., delinquent accounts and billing concerns).
- Collaborates with the Director of Education for handling family accounts that become delinquent while maintaining contract compliance for child care subsidies. When necessary, prepare and distribute Heritage Delinquent Notices to families weekly.
- Ensure all employee and scholarship children are billed and zeroed out with designated descriptions in ProCare weekly.
- Prepare and reconcile weekly reports on family account balances and compile AR reports for the Director of Finance.
- Provide reports from ProCare or Pelican systems as needed.
- Assist in processing monthly billing and reporting for tuition and fees, and contractual programs such as Early Head Start, Head Start, and PreK Counts.
- Assist Nutrition Department on CACFP income qualification determinations, communicate qualification to Education sites, and maintain Student Income Qualification database.
- Provide and analyze reports and statistics to management for education-related purposes when requested.
- Assist Education Department with Program Purchasing.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Finance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration.
- Proficiency with Excel/MS Word and Windows environment.
- 3+ years with billing and collection experience.
- Ability to operate within the billing and accounts receivable systems, ProCare and Pelican preferred.
- Current FBI, Child Abuse, National Sex Offender, and State Criminal Background clearances or be able to attain all clearances within 30 days of hire.
- Current health assessment and TB test.
- Ability to frequently lift or move weight as in lifting, carrying, or holding children 20+ lbs.
Heritage also provides a robust benefits package, which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays plus a floating holiday
- Child Education Benefit
- Supplemental plans available
- Casual dress Fridays
For thirty-eight years, Heritage Community Initiatives has been dedicated to making a positive impact on the social mobility of thousands of individuals, families, and children through programs in Transportation, Education, and Nutrition. From our hometown in Braddock, Pennsylvania, Heritage is privileged to be a cornerstone for those who are under-resourced in forty communities throughout Eastern Allegheny County.
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter and a copy of your resume to email@example.com and please visit our website for additional information about Heritage Community Initiatives – www.heritageserves.org.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org