Heritage Community Initiatives
Website Heritage Community Initiatives
Professional opportunity providing full-time schedule with daylight hours and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including Child Education Benefits (100% discount for the oldest child and 50% discount for siblings or biological and/or adopted grandchildren).
Heritage Community Initiatives is honored to celebrate our fourth decade of serving families in forty communities within Eastern Allegheny County through our Transportation, Education, and Nutrition programs. Each year, Heritage provides highly accredited academically-based early learning and out-of-school time programming for over 300 at risk children. Heritage Community Transportation, a fixed-route transit service in operation for 20 years, has provided more than 1.5 million rides for residents in largely transit-isolated communities. Heritage is the only human services nonprofit in the Commonwealth designated as a provider of public transportation. More than 100,000 meals are served each year by our Nutrition Services, which offers solutions in meal planning, ordering, preparation and delivery while creating healthy options for youth and senior populations.
Heritage Community Initiatives is looking for an exceptional project manager with proven marketing capabilities to direct and manage all aspects of the Heritage Community Transportation (HCT) program as well as any of the organization’s forthcoming transportation initiatives. Responsibilities include the development and execution of all strategies as well as management of transportation marketing to increase ridership, awareness of new initiatives, revenue generation, community participation and brand awareness. This professional will also oversee contract management, compliance with requirements of regulatory agencies, analysis of all performance metrics as well as ensure services are designed efficiently, effectively and equitably.
- Effectively manage all aspects of Heritage Community Initiatives transportation program to ensure it operates efficiently and meets/exceeds performance metrics.
- Develop, and implement marketing strategies including public relations, collateral and grassroots marketing initiatives to increase ridership and growth of transportation solution offerings.
- Provide oversight of service contractor to ensure contractor is delivering transportation services pursuant to the terms of the Service Agreement, which includes compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Analyze transportation revenues and expenditures to ensure transportation program is within budget.
- Strategically manage transportation performance to ensure compliance with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation, Bureau of Public Transportation regulations, analyze operational trends and develop and implement action plans to improve metrics.
- Provide oversight of transit data collection processes to ensure quality, integrity, and verification of data (data includes information and statistics related to operating costs, routes, ridership, fare revenue, and customer complaints).
- Conduct detailed data analyses and provide timely and accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual transportation reports. This includes service and customer data.
- Develop, implement and effectively manage Heritage Community Transportation’s policies, procedures and standards including compliance with regulatory agencies. This includes managing fare instruments, fare collection, service design, service delivery, transit amenities, customer service, outreach, collateral, and operational analyses.
- Positively, professionally and effectively communicate and resolve issues with contractors, customers, staff, public officials, the general public, and organization stakeholders. This includes communicating project activities internally and externally as well as conducting community outreach.
- This position deals with confidential and sensitive information and requires exercising sound judgment. This position is required to make decisions that will have a major impact on the organization.
- This position occasionally may be required to work outside of normal business hours and respond to emergency situations during and after normal business hours.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Self-starter and detail-oriented with proven abilities in project management – to meet deadlines, set priorities, work with multiple projects, and be able to effectively work with frequent interruptions and changing priorities.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills as well as proficiency in all Microsoft Office products and database management.
- Ability to independently analyze data, analyze issues, problem solve, and create action plans for effective resolutions.
- Proficient in the following key competencies: critical thinking and problem-solving; analytical; mathematical and basic accounting; planning and organizing; time management; leadership and teamwork; process improvement; communication (written and oral); creativity and innovation; and adaptability and flexibility.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with key influencers, elected public officials, and community leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of project management, business, marketing, or related experience.
- Current FBI, Child Abuse, National Sex Offender, and Criminal Background clearances or able to attain all clearances within 30 days of hire.
- Current health assessment and TB test.
- Must be able to lift 30+ pounds
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License and have access to a vehicle is required.
Applicants are asked to send a cover letter and a copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and please visit our website for additional information about Heritage Community Initiatives – www.heritageserves.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com