The Homeless Children’s Education Fund seeks an organized and computer-savvy office manager to support our growing organization and help us fulfill our mission to advance the education of children and youth experiencing homelessness.
Manage administrative duties, including but not limited to:
- Prepare, review, and process incoming and outgoing correspondence (including mass mailings), memoranda, meeting minutes, etc.
- Receive visitors, screen telephone calls, and answer routine questions and furnish information in a professional and courteous manner
- Process monetary and in-kind donations, including individual and corporate contributions and grants
- Coordinate and maintain office calendars, including payroll schedule, staff meeting agendas, and general office forms
- Organize and prepare staff meeting agendas and related material
- Assist staff members with the preparation and coordination of internal and external events/meetings (i.e. preparing materials, tracking invitations, follow-up, etc.)
- Manage the ordering and organization of all office supplies, actively explore ways to cut costs, and coordinate recycling schedule
- Manage the functionality of all office equipment and coordinate with IT consultant on applicable issues
- Ensure accurate retention/purging of records by establishing and maintaining an effective filing system, inventory, and supplies control
- Assist HCEF Accountant with accounts payable and receivable
- Additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Manage donor database using eTapestry, including but not limited to:
- Oversee database maintenance, ensuring that records are accurate, complete, and up-to-date
- Investigate the current addresses of individuals whose correspondence are returned unopened
- Assist staff and interns in basic eTapestry operations such as adding, editing, and searching for contact information
- Use eTapestry to generate mailing lists, track individual relationships, record contributions, and generate fundraising reports
Manage board/committee responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Maintain up-to-date board and advisor directories and lists
- Produce agendas, materials, and minutes for the 4 trustee meetings each year
- With Founder’s assistance, produce agendas, materials, and follow-up for the following board committees: Executive, Governance, and Government Relations
- Work with Executive Director, Board Chair, and Founder to coordinate and produce agendas and materials for annual board orientation and any additional board-related gatherings
- Manage updates and revisions to organizational policies and procedures, both manuals and electronic documents
- Support Founder in preparing and producing agendas, materials, and minutes for meetings and events
- Also, support Founder with other clerical tasks including Homeless Education Network, Summit activities, and advocacy related arrangements associated with lobbying, travel, and follow up efforts.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Motivated self-starter
- Ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment
- Donor database experience preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license
This position will report to the Executive Director and work at the HCEF office at 2020 Smallman Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. The position is a non-exempt hourly, full-time opportunity at a rate of $13.50 to $15.50/hr. The hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The position includes a benefit package which provides health, dental, and vision insurance as well as paid vacation/holidays.
Interested parties should submit their resumes and cover letters to Krystle Morrison at email@example.com.