Homewood Children's Village
Website Homewood Children's Village
Job Description: Senior Accountant
Who We Are
Homewood Children’s Village (HCV) works to break down the barriers to social and economic success by providing the programs, services, and solutions to help Homewood’s children and families thrive. We simply cannot do what we do without the mutual support of our families, friends, donors, sponsors, and partners–all members of Homewood Children’s Village.
Homewood Children’s Village operates out of the East End of Pittsburgh. We have locations in three area schools and three additional neighborhood locations – all sites are within a one-mile radius.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant who will have an integral role in supporting the organization’s financial operations. This position would be situated at the main administration office on Homewood Avenue, with a hybrid remote work option.
The mission of the Homewood Children’s Village is to improve the lives of Homewood’s children and to simultaneously reweave the fabric of the community in which they live.
The Senior Accountant is a professional who will contribute to the financial planning, reporting, and decision-making to achieve program objectives. This position will be responsible for general accounting, budgeting, grant management, and financial reporting while ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulations.
Key Performance Objectives:
- Maintain general ledger and accounting records in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles to ensure they accurately reflect the department’s financial position.
- Manage bi-weekly payroll process with ADP and applicable program time allocation reporting through to general ledger posting.
- Help to prepare program budgets, annual plans, and performance reports to ensure a stable funding of operations.
- Monitor budgets and contracts to ensure sound programmatic and fiscal management including cost efficient and quality delivery of service.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Prepare and monitors monthly financial statements, statistical reports and other documents in order to provide accurate and current program data.
- Manage the accounts payable function to ensure accurate and timely payment of financial commitments.
- Prepare schedules and analysis to document agency financial statements for independent and government audits.
- Create and provides various dashboard reports for management and the Board of Directors.
- Interpret policies and procedures to provide guidance to staff and partner organizations in relation to contract administration, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Principal Qualifications and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field is required.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional accounting experience is required (accounting experience in a non-profit organization is preferred).
- Knowledge of auditing practices and procedures is preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel, is required.
- Advanced skills with accounting software are required (QuickBooks or Blackbaud Financial Edge experience is preferred).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Act 33/34 clearances required.
- Qualified candidates should include a cover letter and resume.
- Homewood Children’s Village offers a collaborative team environment along with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision plans, and generous time-off provisions.
Homewood Children’s Village is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information visit https://www.hcvpgh.org/
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.