Penn Center for Community Health Workers
Website Penn Center for Community Health Workers
Penn Center for Community Health Workers is a center of excellence for CHW research, patient care, and dissemination. Our mission is to achieve health equity through effective, sustainable CHW programs. CHWs share life experience with the people they support and provide community-based social care, advocacy and navigation to those made disadvantaged due to race and socioeconomic position. Our IMPaCT model, which has been featured on National Public Radio and the New York Times, has served more than 15,000 people in Philadelphia. The program is proven to improve primary care access, chronic disease control, and mental health while reducing hospital days by 65%. We have helped over 50 organizations across 20 states create, launch, and sustain effective CHW programs. We are part of the University of Pennsylvania Health System, which provides competitive salaries and exceptional benefits, including an annual tuition benefit.
We have developed IMPaCT, a nationally-recognized, evidence-based Community Health Worker (CHW) model, and there is growing demand from organizations across the country to use our tools and training to start or improve CHW programs. We’re looking for highly-engaging, dynamic individuals with a passion for helping others learn to train IMPaCT members across the country using our best-in-class training curriculum. After receiving training, orientation, and sign off, the IMPaCT Training Specialist will teach the IMPaCT model by: (1) delivering practice and discussion-based training to CHWs and CHW managers, including onboarding training as well as ongoing professional development; and (2) supporting the PCCHW external dissemination team’s technical assistance delivery to IMPaCT members. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in individuals’ professional development; shape the Community Health Worker field with an organization committed to social justice; and help us continue to scale our course delivery. This is a full-time position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The IMPaCT Training Specialist is a member of our external dissemination team, who works to support member organizations around the country. They will:
- Use the evidence-based IMPaCT model to deliver engaging, effective training to CHWs and CHW managers working in healthcare, public health, and community organizations across the country
- Direct online and in-person training logistics, including registration management, scheduling, and collecting and analyzing evaluation data
- Provide individual and group feedback to help trainees learn
- Design and update IMPaCT materials, online tools, and training curricula to help scale and improve our external dissemination of IMPaCT
- Deliver excellent customer service to IMPaCT members, building the foundation for long-term, productive partnerships
- Provide technical assistance and tailored troubleshooting to partner organizations, supporting fidelity to the best practices
- Contribute to organizational initiatives related to patient care work in Philadelphia, including planning and facilitating internal trainings for PCCHW team members.
- Prior training and facilitation experience with adult learners
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, particularly the ability to explain topics and concepts in an easy-to-understand, accessible manner
- Ability to troubleshoot in the moment and think on your feet
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Passion for learning and professional development, particularly for marginalized groups
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic organization where flexibility, collaboration and creative thinking are valued
- Able to travel up to two weeks in a row at a time (excluding weekends) to work on-site at partner locations
- Creativity to adapt curriculum to new modes of delivery, including online learning
- Experience with online meeting technologies
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to Terry Mittelman (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line “IMPaCT Training Specialist” Please label attachments as follows: “LastnameFirstname_TScoverletter” “LastnameFirstname_TSresume”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com