UsAgainstAlzheimer’s exists to conquer Alzheimer’s. We run toward the thorniest problems; take on the biggest challenges facing families, communities, and nations; and bring all of “Us” together to break down barriers and make change. We will not rest until brain span equals life pan for everyone. Learn more at www.usagainstalzheimers.org.
Institutional Giving Officer
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Institutional Giving Officer will help sustain, grow and diversify funding from a range of corporate, foundation, and government organizations. Working in close collaboration with the Director of Corporate Relations and the Director of Foundation Relations, this full-time employee based in the Washington, DC, metro area, will help develop a portfolio of institutional funders by taking an active role in prospect research, proposal writing, project management, grant tracking, and reporting. A key member of the development team, the Institutional Giving Officer will also work in partnership with program directors and finance staff on fundraising strategy tied to program implementation and fulfillment.
Chief Development Officer
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform high-quality and strategic research along with identifying and cultivating donor prospects.
- Prepare and submit LOI’s, proposals, renewals requests, and reports in partnership with development leadership and program and finance team members.
- Create and maintain an annual Grants Pipeline, with robust and accurate templates to streamline UsA2’s grant writing process. Track all grant deliverables and timelines.
- Gather grant information internally and through market research.
- Work with senior staff to develop persuasive proposal strategies.
- Ensure that all donor management stages are recorded in the donor database.
- Collaborate on sponsorship levels and secure corporate sponsors for fundraising events, providing other event support as needed.
- Manage correspondence and other accompanying materials.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of five years’ experience in fundraising and partnership development with foundations and corporations.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to addressing a major medical and health justice challenge.
- Proven ability to manage, support, and grow a robust Institutional Giving program.
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship-building, written, and verbal communication skills:
- Demonstrated experience writing clear and convincing proposals and developing budgets for foundations and other institutional funders.
- Demonstrated experience writing metrics-driven reports and funder stewardship materials.
- Demonstrated awareness of, sensitivity to, and competence in communication with and about culturally and socioeconomically diverse populations.
- Proven ability to secure five- or six-figure gifts from public, foundation, and corporate donors and manage reporting requirements to all institutional funders.
- Knowledge of industry standards, current trends, and best practices.
- Experience researching institutional prospects.
- Experience engaging institutional funders in events, including event sponsorships.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively among small teams, in a complex, fast-paced organization serving multiple stakeholders.
- Proficiency with MS Office 365 products; familiarity with donor software including Every Action and BuzzStream preferred.
This is a full-time, salaried position, commensurate with experience. The generous benefits package includes 15 vacation days, 10 sick days, standard holidays, a 401k retirement plan with 4% employer match, and a choice of medical plans covering all or a portion of health, vision, and dental insurance.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note Institutional Giving Officer in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com