International Society for Bipolar Disorders
Website International Society for Bipolar Disorders
Improving lives of those with bipolar disorders
Category:Full time (40 hrs./week), non-exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
The Executive Assistant’s primary role is to provide administrative and program support to the International Society for Bipolar Disorders (“ISBD”) Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Membership. The Executive Assistant is expected to attend committee and taskforce meetings to take and distribute minutes; maintain office files, databases, and the organizational website; assume responsibility for special projects; and accept and perform other tasks as assigned. The successful candidate is expected to be well organized, professional, courteous, comfortable with technology, flexible, able to handle sensitive communications with tact and confidentiality, able to prioritize, willing to confront challenges with a positive “can do” attitude, and interested in working with a diverse international membership of psychiatrists, patient advocates, and other mental health professionals
A Bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Communications or a related field, 3 years’ experience supporting leadership in a professional membership organization, and highly proficient technical skills are preferred.
Support daily office functions, including, but not limited to,
- Processing the incoming and outgoing mail, maintain filing (e.g. financials and membership)
- Coordinate scheduling, calendar invites, and set up of video conferences using GoToMeeting
- Taking and distributing minutes from all conference calls
- Process incoming membership applications, renewals, and assist with meeting annual membership targets.
- Coordinate yearly membership renewal invoices and track response.
- Keep content on ISBD’s website current.
- Update and maintaining the ISBD database (email automation, fundraising, pull reports as needed, integration with website, etc.).
- Assist the Executive Director with collection of data for the organization’s annual report
- Develop an annual plan for webinars, including lining up speakers and assisting them with using
- GoToWebinar to run the webinars, as well as posting the recorded files on the ISBD website.
- Generate reports from survey data and from the ISBD membership database as needed.
- Support the Executive Director and annual ISBD conference organizers to assist with preparations for and the smooth operation of the ISBD conference and annual meeting, including preparation of slides for the general membership meeting, coordinating space, catering and AV requirements for committee and task force meetings and providing onsite support for booth coverage and minutes.
- Support the Executive Director with ISBD Awards Programs, including arranging for advertisement and collection of applications, collating reviews and preparing for presentation of results, and production of awards.
- Provide administrative support to ISBD committees, task forces, and chapter leadership in furtherance of organizational programming and goals.
- Work with vendors to implement requested changes to the ISBD website and database to support core ISBD functions and programming.
- Handle annual application submission for the Combined Federal Campaign.
- Promote and support the annual World Bipolar Day campaign.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
The successful candidate will have experience supporting all aspects of a professional membership organization, including maintaining a content management system (CMS) based website and multifunction (membership, fundraising, and registration) customer relationship management (CRM) database, as well as more traditional administrative functions.
Specific skills which are relevant to the position include, but are not limited to:
- Experience assisting and working with senior executives and leadership.
- Experience working with a multifunction CRM Database.
- Experience utilizing a content management system for website updates.
- Extensive experience with a variety of standard office software (e.g. MS Office Suite, Adobe, etc.), as well as web-based software platforms for integrating with the ISBD website (e.g. Vimeo, Survey Gizmo, SlideShare)
- Experience working in G-Suite – Gmail and Calendar
- Experience using Video Conference Software (GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar)
- Experience with a professional membership organization or passion for mental health issues.
- Highest degree of integrity, professionalism, diplomacy, and discretion required.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to build and maintain good relationships with current and prospective members, board members, staff, vendors, chapter leaders and affiliated organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must demonstrate good judgment and decision-making capabilities.
- Must be a self-starter, resourceful, and flexible.
Salary is commensurate with experience and set in accordance with ISBD’s needs and practices. Compensation will be reviewed annually by the Executive Director and President of the Board of Directors.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com