JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
Website JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
This position requires a creative, nurturing, and dynamic team player to inspire the Jewish future by engaging Jewish teens through meaningful and intentional Jewish experiences and learning. This position works as a part of the Teen Engagement Team within the Department of Jewish Life to create experiences infused with Jewish depth and meaning, creating a space for Jewish teens to develop their own personal understanding of what it means to be Jewish.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops short and long-range program goals in keeping with the mission and vision of the JCC and The Second Floor.
- Develops and facilitates a full and vibrant suite of Jewish experiences for teens that provides meaningful Jewish learning and engagement.
- Pilots creative, new, experiential Jewish educational approaches and initiatives.
- Builds relationships with participants through conversations and by creating connections to opportunities to participate in Jewish experiences.
- Identifies and cultivates teen leadership to empower teens to chart their own personal Jewish journey.
- Serves as a Jewish role model, supporting students through life cycle events, the challenges of life in middle school and high school, and everything in between to support their mental wellness.
- Builds working relationships/partnerships with other Jewish organizations (i.e., congregations, BBYO, youth groups, Repair the World, The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, etc.) consistent with the agency’s mission, goals and operating objectives.
- Regularly participates in community-wide teen program experiences.
- Contributes to the staffing compliment of The Second Floor open hours, as needed.
- Develops & facilitates the J-Serve planning process with our program partners, including The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, BBYO, and Repair the World.
- Convenes and supports the J-Serve co-chairs and Steering Committee.
- Creates, coordinates and implements recruitment strategy & marketing materials.
- Develops and manages program budgets.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal and local regulating agencies.
- Maintains effective working relationships with program participants.
- Ability to define problems, develop solutions, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to manage and balance a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment under tight time constraints.
- Ensures adherence to agency core values of respect, kindness, character and community within both staff culture and program development.
- Recognizes that the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh gathers individuals representing diverse backgrounds, beliefs and practices.
- Creates a warm and welcoming environment.
- Maintains a high degree of organization and attention to detail.
- Adheres to the Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh policies and procedures.
- Actively supports and participates in continuous intra-departmental and agency-wide quality improvement processes. “Everyone, Every Day, Closer to Better”.
- Actively promotes and maintains agency customer service standards.
- Generates necessary reports and documentation as needed and/or required.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate personal computers (hardware and software).
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Ability to perform other related duties, as needed and/or required.
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed.)
Supervision from Division Director/Jewish Life
Bachelor’s Degree in Jewish Education, or related field, with Master’s Degree preferred, with at least three (3) years’ experience working in Jewish educational settings with an emphasis on teen engagement or equivalent combination of education and experience.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. Frequently he/she is required to sit. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. During the summer months, employee is frequently outdoors in a natural setting.
Must be able to obtain ACT 33/34 and FBI clearances, and mandated reporter training.
Send resume and cover letter to:
JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
Attn: Human Resources
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org