JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
Website JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
The Pittsburgh Resiliency Center, 10.27 Healing Partnership, is the central coordinating agency for the region’s response to the deadly synagogue shooting that took place on October 27, 2018 and is funded in part by the Office for Victims of Crime. Housed at the Jewish Community Center, its mission is to foster a sense of community well-being by providing opportunities for reflection, support, and connection for individuals and their loved ones impacted by the attack and others who experience hate-induced trauma.
The Outreach Coordinator ensures that the work of the 10.27 Healing Partnership is appropriately communicated and addressed to stakeholders and the community at large, through all social media outlets. In addition, they will support the existing programs that serve the community.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with Manager to ensure that community outreach goals are met.
- Develops and implements Public Relation strategies in keeping with the mission of the 10.27 Healing Partnership.
- Routinely post photos/videos of programs and activities to enhance 10/27 Healing Partnership presence on appropriate social media platforms.
- Manages and monitors social media content on a regular basis in collaboration with the Public Relations firm.
- Works closely with the Website Developer to ensure that daily content remains current and relevant.
- Exhibits knowledge of photography, digital and social marketing including online media, social behavior, research and analytics, and user experience.
- Routinely researches new technical information and recommends and implements, as needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and experience with social media platforms and content curation.
- Occasionally works as a greeter, understanding visitor’s needs and providing them with personalized solutions by suggesting self-directed wellness activities or classes that will be offered by the 10.27 Healing Partnership.
- Represents 10.27 Healing Partnership as needed, at community events.
- Provides support as needed, for special events and programs.
- Assists with a variety of administrative tasks such as updating the events calendar, printing, and distributing flyers, and assisting with intake as necessary.
- Maintains a victim-centered approach in all interactions with the public.
- Understands the impact of traumatic events on individuals and community.
- Possesses some knowledge of trauma-informed care.
- Possesses proficiency of the English language; multilingual preferred.
- Ability to be comfortable with people during times in which they may exhibit emotional distress.
- Excels in a team environment; demonstrates strong collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage and balance a variety of responsibilities in a fast-paced environment under tight time constraints.
- Maintains a high degree of organization and attention to details.
- Ensures adherence to agency core values of respect, kindness, character and community within both staff culture and program development.
- Recognizes that the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh gathers individuals representing diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and practices.
- Creates a warm and welcoming environment.
- Adheres to the Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh policies and procedures.
- Actively supports and participates in continuous intra-departmental and agency-wide quality improvement processes. “Everyone, Every Day, Closer to Better”.
- Actively promotes and maintains agency customer service standards.
- Ensures compliance with all state, federal and local regulating agencies.
- Generates necessary reports and documentation as needed and/or required.
- Proficiency of Zoom, WordPress, Microsoft applications, and back-end reporting capabilities.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate personal computers (hardware and software).
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required.
- Ability to perform other related duties, as needed and/or required.
(These responsibilities are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field, with experience in a non-profit setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to obtain ACT 33/34 and FBI clearances, NSOR Certificate and mandated reporter training.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our JCC Staff Family has proudly risen to provide a safe workplace by mandating Vaccinations, Mask Wearing, Social Distancing and Elevated Sanitation standards to ensure the ongoing safety of our staff, our members and guests, and the community at large.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to:
JCC of Greater Pittsburgh
Attn: Human Resources
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com