Jefferson Regional Foundation
Website Jefferson Regional Foundation
Investing in community health and vitality
Position Summary: Seeking an experienced professional to provide excellent administrative support to the CEO and staff and manage daily office operations to facilitate the communications, meetings, events and bookkeeping for the Foundation and Board effectively and efficiently. Reports directly to the CEO.
Jefferson Regional Foundation is a nonprofit grantmaking organization focused on the health and well-being of the South Hills and lower Mon Valley communities of Pittsburgh PA. The Foundation is committed to addressing the social determinants of health (SDOH) and has distributed over $15 million in grants since 2014. Continually informed by the Jefferson Collaborative, a dynamic network of over 100 community organizations hosted by the Foundation, community engagement is a cornerstone of the Foundation’s operations. Monthly and annual initiatives, events, and meetings (including an annual spring conference for 300+ participants) are a vital part of our work. The Foundation also strives to provide connections and relevant data for organizations focused on serving communities and residents in the Jefferson area. The Foundation is preparing for a hybrid work environment in the future with a mix of office work, working from home, and events in the Jefferson community. For more information, visit our website at www.jeffersonrf.org.
- Minimum of three to five years of administrative support experience.
- Professional demeanor, well-organized with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Expertise in Office systems including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, use of Adobe and virtual conferencing tools such as Zoom. Demonstrated ability to learn and master new software.
- Basic bookkeeping skills and experience with QuickBooks helpful.
- A pleasant team player with initiative, problem-solving skills and flexibility.
- Access to a vehicle, possesses a valid drivers’ license and ability to lift and move boxes of materials.
- Knowledge or experience with the nonprofit sector is a plus.
- Familiarity with South Hills and Mon Valley area is a plus.
Job Skills and Responsibilities:
- Act as the face of the Foundation by providing friendly, prompt and reliable support for all visitors, callers, email and general requests to the Foundation.
- Provide efficient daily administrative support to the CEO and staff via meeting and travel arrangements, correspondence and filing, and preparation of documents and presentations.
- Manage facility support such as space reservations, security, maintenance, mail, phones, parking, food orders or other activities.
- Exhibit strong office organizational skills to monitor, purchase, maintain and organize office supplies.
- Ensure maintenance and effective use of all office equipment and manage related vendors and contracts.
Board and Meeting Support
- Responsible for Board and Committee meeting arrangements and minutes, preparation and distribution of documents, correspondence, and maintenance of Board lists and Board portal.
- Ensure Foundation meeting and event arrangements are in place. Manage all details such as hosting a mix of virtual, onsite and offsite conferences, setting up assembly & distribution of meeting materials, food orders & delivery, meeting set-up and participant information.
- Responsible for basic bookkeeping activities including processing invoices for approvals, credit card reconciliation, data entry, reports and bill payment utilizing QuickBooks and banking system.
- Maintain financial files and work closely with the Foundation’s fiscal consultant to ensure all files and information are updated and in compliance.
- Prepare documents and support other financial activities such as grant payments, audit, tax and investment records.
- Utilize advanced skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook as well as Adobe. Facilitate IT relationships to assure integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Employ advanced skills in Zoom to support virtual meetings, conferences and daily activities of the Foundation and facilitate effective use with other virtual conferencing tools.
- Manage and improve use of various digital applications including a Board Portal, QuickBooks, a CRM platform, and event management, planning or design tools to support smooth operations.
- Identify, prepare and apply regular updates to Foundation website.
Interpersonal and management skills
- Initiate creative solutions to identify, document, and/or implement policies, practices or tools to support improved office functions.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and active listening skills to ensure accurate and timely responses to the Foundation’s Board and community partners.
- Work as a team player and build strong, respectful relationships with other staff to advance the Foundation’s initiatives, mission, and vision with the Jefferson communities.
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality and exhibit good judgement.
- Multi-task and demonstrate flexibility to meet the ever-changing needs of the South Hills and Mon Valley communities and the Foundation’s non-profit, public, and corporate partners.
- Maintain administrative and technical knowledge by regularly utilizing professional development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Compensation: $46,000-$50,000 with strong benefits package including medical, retirement, paid time off
Submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com by May 14, 2020 with the email heading Office Manager. No calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org