We protect children, strengthen families & transform communities
Jeremiah’s Place | Development Associate (Part-time)
The Development Associate is responsible for cultivating relationships for Jeremiah’s Place and growing both annual and major giving in support of the Jeremiah’s Place mission. The Development Associate reports directly to the Executive Director. This is a one-year, part-time contract position (on average 20 hours per week) with the possibility of continuing after one-year contract is complete. The incumbent must be able to work evenings or weekends as needed. The incumbent will have consistent support and access to the Development Committee of the Board of Directors to help accomplish goals.
The Development Associate will plan, coordinate and ensure implementation of effective strategies to develop donors and contributions to support the organization as well as partner with the Executive Director and Board of Directors in advancing the mission of the organization.
The Development Associate will manage all aspects of the fundraising process at Jeremiah’s Place, assuming primary responsibility for the identification of major, foundation, government faith and corporate gifts. The Development Associate will work in tandem with Executive Director and Program Manager to cultivate and solicit said prospects. The Development Associate, along with the Executive Director, will serve as a liaison to the development committee of the Board of Directors who oversee fundraising at the organization.
The Development Associate will ensure that all appropriate systems, policies and procedures are in place and adhered to for successful fundraising. The Development Associate will demonstrate a commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes and creating a results-oriented culture within fundraising functions at Jeremiah’s Place.
In collaboration with Executive Director, develop and execute Jeremiah’s Place strategic fundraising plan.
Lead a comprehensive annual giving program, including strategies to incorporate foundations and corporations with focus on acquiring new donors, and increasing gift amounts.
- Maintain fundraising database.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising with oversight from Executive Director.
- Serve as a representative of Jeremiah’s Place in the community.
- Participate in community outreach activities.
- Serve as a resource to the Board of Directors in all efforts related to fundraising.
- Create strategies for development presence in all communications and marketing including: website, annual report and newsletters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for planning, writing, and implementing multiple appeals through multiple platforms, in collaboration with Executive Director, with a high degree of customization and emotional appeal.
- Oversee progress, deadlines, goals and objectives related to annual giving.
- Develop, write, and finalize appeals and sponsorship materials, utilizing different platforms and presentation techniques.
- Work closely with other staff to develop fundraising strategies and integrate these with organization initiatives.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications.
- Prepare regular reports and strategic, data-driven analysis of efforts on all campaign activities.
- Develop and maintain efficient systems and standards for data entry, database accuracy, gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management.
- Ensure the database’s accuracy and integrity of the data, including input and output and technology management.
- Note: Jeremiah’s Place currently utilizes Blackbaud’s E-Tapestry CRM.
- Manage new funder prospecting, including: research, analysis of fit, and appeal strategies.
- Develop systems for donor management that extends relationships for deeper philanthropic engagement and encourages donors to move to the next giving level or program.
- Make creative connections between/among people, programs, and their associated circles.
- Responsible for identifying potential foundation funding opportunities.
- Writes and submits grant proposals in coordination with Executive Director. Ensures proposals are in accordance with the funder’s giving policies and criteria.
- Ensures follow up reports are submitted as required.
- Coordinates meetings with Executive Director, Board Members and funders as required.
- To develop and implement a comprehensive and strategic fundraising plan.
- To increase total giving dollars from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- To increase the number of active donors.
- To increase foundation annual grant commitments.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with increased annual fundraising responsibilities.
- Aptitude for the management and effective use of information systems in support of a development program.
- Possess knowledge of fundraising principles and ethical practices and maintain a professional, polished demeanor.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
- Initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands.
- Commitment to maintain confidentiality and a high degree of accuracy in donor records.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem-solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission.
- Please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Lisa J. Perry, Executive Director at the following email address: email@example.com no later than August 23, 2019.
- Important: Please use the email address above and do not call Jeremiah’s Place.
For more information on Jeremiah’s Place:
- Website: jeremiahsplace.org
- Facebook: Jeremiah’s Place: Pittsburgh Relief Nursery
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org