The Human Resources Manager plays a key role in JFCS fulfilling its mission by ensuring that JFCS successfully recruits and retains a diverse pool of highly qualified individuals who are passionate about our work and who thrive in a supportive, professional work environment. The HR Manager works closely with the JFCS department directors and leadership regarding personnel practices including recruitment, onboarding, retention, job performance, and policies and procedures.
JFCS is known as a local leader in providing innovative and effective social service solutions to problems facing families and individuals of all ages and walks of life. Support ranges from counseling services, career services, guardianship services, immigration legal services, refugee and immigrant services, scholarship services and we run the Squirrel Hill Food Pantry. We offer support without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, familial status, age, handicap or disability.
Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. Generalist background preferred with substantial HR experience. HR certification is a plus. Strong communication, conceptualization, and organization skills. Good computer and interpersonal skills. Able to work independently and be a trusted member of a team.
- Creating and implementing protocols regarding how and where we recruit new employees, and assisting department directors with the development of job descriptions and postings, screening candidates.
- Developing, maintaining, and updating a structured onboarding process, and working with department directors on its implementation
- Ensuring that JFCS’s website and physical building are perceived as welcoming to a diverse array of clients and staff, and that any potential barriers are noted and addressed
- Facilitating the JFCS Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) committee, eliciting genuine input from all JFCS departments and clients to promote excellent service delivery and a superior workplace environment
- Guiding JFCS directors on effectively and expediently addressing personnel issues that arise within their departments, intervening directly with employees when appropriate
- Making JFCS a safe place to work by ensuring that high standards for occupational, health, and physical safety are documented and followed and are compliant with industry standards
- Supporting a cutting edge, progressive work environment by providing staff with trainings on professional issues and bringing in outside presenters when needed
- Ensuring that JFCS staff and employee satisfaction surveys are completed annually and that the results are utilized for quality improvement purposes
- Staying abreast of employment laws, and working with and coaching department directors, in order to ensure that JFCS remains in compliance with all relevant regulations
- Periodically reviewing JFCS policy and procedure manuals, suggesting revisions as needed
- Working closely with the Fiscal Department staff to help ensure equity with regards to employee compensation as well as overseeing FMLA and Workers Compensation processes
- Other duties as required
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Human Resources Manager” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org