Jewish Family and Community Services
Website Jewish Family and Community Services
About Jewish Family and Community Services (JFCS):
The professional staff at JFCS is dedicated to helping people successfully cope with life’s changes and challenges. JFCS helps thousands of people every year, through career, geriatric, counseling, refugee and immigrant, guardian, scholarship, food pantry and critical need services. JFCS strives to create a caring and respectful environment sensitive to the need for human dignity, privacy and diversity of those served by the agency.
The vision of JFCS Career Development Center is to develop a skilled workforce where all people have the opportunity to reach their employment potential in a thriving local economy. The mission of JFCS Career Development Center is to help individuals of all abilities and backgrounds to become employed by connecting employers and workers. The JFCS Career Development Center team works together as a unit assisting each client define career goals and develop a meaningful plan to reach their potential.
As a career counselor, this position works to develop career pathways and long-term career goals for job seekers in Allegheny County who struggle with mental health challenges and/or are on the autism spectrum. This individual works with job seekers ensuring they have all the tools necessary to achieve their goal; whether their goal be employment or advancement.
Experience working with professionally oriented job seekers who have a mental health challenge or are on the autism spectrum. Passionate about helping individuals achieve independence through work. Applicants must have a LCSW, LSW, Counseling degree, or experience working with adults with mental health challenges and/or who are on the autism spectrum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines client eligibility for programming through JFCS Career Development Center
- Develops individualized career pathways plan with each client
- Ensures each client has high quality resume and other materials needed to conduct a successful job search
- Conducts ongoing individual counseling sessions
- Helps to develop and deliver special workshops targeted towards unique populations
- Maintains consistent contact with clients during job search and after placement to ensure job retention
- Participates in training and represents JFCS Career Development Center when working with partner organizations and funders
- Works closely with collaborating agencies and other JFCS staff
- Represents JFCS Career Development Center and specific programs in the community, through community outreach, public speaking, and response to community needs and/or concerns
- Tracks and monitors programs in agency database system and other required formats deemed necessary by funders
- Other duties as assigned
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Career Counselor for Jobseekers” in the subject line.
Jewish Family And Community Services (JFCS) of Pittsburgh is an EOE non-sectarian, non-profit human service agency providing social service, employment and psychological services to help people through lifecycle transitions and crises. Visit www.jfcspgh.org to learn more.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com