Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
Website Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh seeks a motivated individual for Marketing Associate. The person in this position will act as an internal client manager, connecting marketing staff members and other Federation staff to determine client strategy and needs and to translate these needs into marketing materials. The Marketing Associate will manage project details and assist, as needed, in all marketing efforts and create strategy for, write, edit, design, and manage materials for clients in collaboration with other team members. The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is the central fundraising and community planning organization for the Pittsburgh Jewish community. We provide funding to local and overseas partner agencies, as well as independent programs that provide health and human welfare services.
- Keep marketing projects on track by creating schedules and through follow-up with requesting departments and marketing staff as needed.
- Ensure that client materials adhere to style guides, written style requirements and brand guidelines to ensure consistent “look and feel” for Jewish Federation brands and to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory standards.
- Serve as a design expert, creating new visual ideas and manipulating, adapting and completing existing designs to conform to new project requirements.
- Work on Marketing Department strategy projects, creating vision, goals and timelines to ensure success in conjunction with the Director of Marketing.
- Multi-task to fill gaps, as needed, throughout the Marketing Department, to ensure that projects meet their projected deadlines, including but not limited to copy editing, proofreading, design work, consulting, follow-up, and work with digital content.
- Work as needed with volunteers on marketing strategy and content, helping to solicit strategic input on Marketing Department strategy projects.
- Periodically staff Federation events and fundraisers; some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Write advertisements, press releases, brochures, websites and other marketing content.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work with different departments, volunteers and vendors simultaneously
- Ability to multi-task and take initiative
- Pleasant personality; customer-service orientation
- Understanding of marketing, printing and advertising
- Demonstrated skill in writing, editing and proofreading
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe InDesign suite including Illustrator and Photoshop
- Proficiency in the following software: MS Outlook, Excel, Word
Additional preferred qualifications include:
- Work in or experience with Jewish agencies or community benefit organizations
- Knowledge of Adobe Premier or Final Cut Pro
- Knowledge of Agile project management methodology and/or Trello
- Photography or digital film experience
- Knowledge of or experience with Blackbaud suite of products, especially BBIS
- Experience working with volunteer non-profit leaders
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, communication, design or quantitative discipline
- Valid driver’s license and transportation
- Possess or obtain the Pennsylvania Child Protection clearances
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, education and previous related achievements. The position is full time exempt professional and offers a competitive benefits package.
Inclusion of people of all abilities is core value of the Pittsburgh Jewish community. For accommodations for a disability at any point in the application process, please indicate needs to the Human Resources Manager at the contact information below.
To Apply: Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com or to Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh, 2000 Technology Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15219.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org