Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
Website Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh
Summary and Goals
The Director of Information Technology plans, directs and manages technology functions and operations to ensure the maintenance, development and implementation of cost-effective systems and efficient operations to meet the current and future technology needs of the Federation. This professional position is supervised by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Ensure staff and users are provided professional, courteous, and timely support and service.
- Keep abreast of current technologies and trends to ensure effectiveness and cyber security.
- Ensure smooth transition to a new facility that begins January 2, 2019
- Develop strategic information technology plan, processes and solutions to meet Federation objectives based on research and evaluation.
- In cooperation with Finance Department, prepare and monitor IT business plan budgets that support long-term and short-term objectives.
- Review contracts and work with technology vendors to get the best products and services to meet Federation needs at a competitive price.
- Foster cooperation and exchange of information and ideas between community agencies and other Federations with regards to IT development and problem resolution.
- Ensure operational consistency and maintainability of existing applications and equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans and implements additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting infrastructure in coordination with Federation leadership.
- Oversees all IT-related purchasing and budget usage including vendor contracts and invoices.
- Monitors and maintains servers and network equipment. Resolves any issues that occur, calling in outside resources when necessary.
- Supports and maintains the VoIP telephone system, Donor Management System and Document Management System. Maintain and ensure proper operation of all AV and digital signage equipment.
- Works with department directors to determine potential technology solutions to ongoing business needs.
- Supervises Senior Technology Specialist to ensure the technology needs of the staff are met and issues are resolved in a timely manner. Meet with the Senior Technology Specialist regularly to provide guidance and/or instruction on the performance expectations.
- Provides hands-on support in conjunction with the Senior Technology Specialist to meet the daily support requirements of the organization. Provide 2nd Level support when a task exceeds the knowledge or abilities of the Senior Technology Specialist. Provide all necessary support when the Senior Technology Specialist is out of the office or unavailable.
- Work with security vendor to maintain and operate onsite security systems (monitoring and access control).
- Keep CFO informed of pertinent IT issues. Brief Federation Management Team on issues when necessary.
Skills and Attributes
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Position requires a solid working knowledge of a broad range of technology. Areas of knowledge necessary include client server networks, LAN and WAN networking equipment and principles, application support, virtualization, VoIP, and operating systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential with the ability to explain technology issues to a non-technical audience.
- A focus on customer service and empathy for the needs of the staff greatly increase the effectiveness of this position.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to get results through supervision and teamwork.
Required Education and Experience
- The knowledge and skills required for this position are typically acquired with 5-10 years of experience in managing one or more technology processing functions and/or through advanced training.
- Experience managing projects with increasing responsibility and demonstrated strong business background.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or related experience. Technical or on-the-job training in programming and hardware installation and maintenance. Ability and skills to setup and manage hardware is necessary.
Commensurate with experience, education and previous related achievements. The position is full time exempt professional and offers a competitive benefits package.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending cover letter and resume to the attention of Deborah McGuire, Human Resources Manager, at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org