The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh seeks a motivated, flexible, detail-oriented, and dynamic professional to serve as the annual Community Campaign Director. The Campaign Director is responsible for the oversight, development and implementation of all fundraising strategies that relate to the Federation’s nearly $14 million Community Campaign.
The Campaign Director manages all aspects of the campaign including affinities, young adult philanthropy and leadership development, women’s philanthropy, fundraiser training, fundraising events/programs, and the day-to-day operations. To be successful this professional must be able to work with multiple stakeholders that includes senior leadership of the Federation, both volunteer and professional. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Development.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is the central fundraising and community planning organization for the Pittsburgh Jewish community. We provide funding to local and overseas partner agencies, as well as independent programs that provide health and human welfare services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
Philanthropy and Donor Stewardship/Cultivation
- Develop and implement all facets of the annual Community Campaign, providing overall direction for increasing donor engagement and giving, as well increasing efficacy of fundraising strategies.
- Review and evaluate current campaign, fundraising systems, and processes and where necessary develops strategies to improve the Federation’s fundraising ROI.
- Oversee campaign operations through management of systems, data analysis and reporting.
- Serve as liaison with the IT, Finance and Donor Services departments to facilitate effective technical support of campaign operations.
- Develop, in consultation with staff and top campaign leadership, each year’s campaign theme and marketing approach, ensuring they reflect the goals and objectives of the campaign.
- Consult with marketing staff on development of all campaign-related publications and materials, and P.R./advertising approaches with the media.
- Review all campaign related production jobs to ensure consistent branding and messaging.
- Supervise integrated approach to the lower giving levels of the campaign, including direct mail, telemarketing, e-mail, social media, and phone-a-thons.
- Identify and cultivate prospective donors to develop a portfolio and increase fundraising support for the annual Community Campaign and other Federation fundraising streams.
- Maintain close working relationships with the campaign leadership (Chair, Vice-Chair, Co-Chair) to help them succeed as the role models and leaders for the Campaign.
- Meet on a regular basis with campaign leadership, to review goals, develop strategies and ensure the campaign runs smoothly and effectively; as well as strategize their individual solicitations to maximize fundraising efforts.
- Manage solicitation process including recruitment and follow-up with team leaders and team members; prospect selection; creation and maintenance of various solicitation lists and training tools; and follow-up with donor issues to resolution.
- Identify, recruit, organize, and train volunteer workers in furthering Campaign goals.
Programs and Events
- Oversee planning of major Campaign focused events including leadership enlistment and management, marketing, and attendee recruitment; logistics; and follow-up to ensure donor involvement in Federation.
- Oversee the organization of and recruitment for outreach/appreciation events to increase involvement in Federation.
- Evaluate event and program effectiveness for ROI.
- Provides coaching and leadership to a core campaign team.
- Manages and evaluates a team of core campaign staff.
- Coordinate and leads regular core campaign staff meetings.
- Attends key meetings staffed by core campaign staff members.
- Review all major written materials produced by campaign core staff.
- Ensure that members of the core campaign staff are adequately and effectively carrying out their responsibilities.
- Manage campaign budgets in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Promotes the mission of the Federation through superior customer service to internal and external stakeholders through the efficient use of resources.
- All other duties as assigned.
- An understanding of and ability to articulate the accomplishments and goals of a complex organization.
- Excellent research, writing and interpersonal communication skills.
- Effective organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
- The emotional intelligence, maturity, and sound judgement necessary for interacting with donors, volunteers, board members and staff.
- Exceptional leadership, coaching and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to measure the effectiveness of fundraising strategies and programs.
- Proficient in budget development and budget management skills.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations.
- Travel and the ability to work evenings and weekends, as necessary.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Jewish Communal Service, Public Administration, Non-profit management or in a relevant field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of 5 – 7 years of development experience, including major gift development, designing, and executing donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- A demonstrated record of successfully closing gifts of $10,000+.
- Strong knowledge of Jewish community, culture, and practices. Passion for the mission of federation and the Jewish community including Israel and world Jewry is a plus.
- Skilled in coaching and managing successful teams.
- Experience with Jewish communal work, fundraising/development and non-profit organizations is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of donor relationship CRM software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
The nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. This role will have prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer. Also requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, and prepare work documents. Due to the nature of this role a high level of confidentiality is required. Work is performed in a general office environment, currently employees are working remotely due to COVID-19. The position requires availability for additional hours at various times throughout the year. Requires regular participation and attendance at organization sponsored events and meetings including nights and weekends, as well as regular travel. This position does not require heavy lifting over 15 pounds or standing for extended periods.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of Jewish Pittsburgh. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact us at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org