Jewish Healthcare Foundation (JHF) is a nonprofit, public charity that supports healthcare services, education, and research established in 1990 with proceeds from the sale of Montefiore Hospital. The mission of JHF is to support and foster the provision of health care services, health care education, medical and scientific research, and to respond to the medical, custodial and other health-related needs of elderly, underprivileged, indigent and under-served persons in both the Jewish and general community throughout Western Pennsylvania. JHF is unique institution, a “think, train, do and give” tank, and has become a leading voice in safety, quality and workforce issues.
Through three supporting organizations, Pittsburgh Regional Health Initiative (PRHI), Health Careers Futures (HCF) and the Women’s Health Activist Movement Global (WHAMglobal) JHF has put special emphasis on the education, training and retention of the region’s healthcare workforce and on projects related to improving healthcare quality and patient safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Administrative Coordinator is a primary support staff person for the organization responsible for the following Job Duties (subject to change):
Assisting with correspondence, record keeping, scheduling, meeting material preparation, and meeting set up for the various projects of the JHF and its supporting organizations.
- Coordinating all facets of in-person and virtual meetings including
- Registration, logistics and planning (reservations, catering, shipping details, contact information)
- Availability of needed materials (ordering, preventative maintenance, system for reservation of materials, organized storage, packing)
- Travel arrangements (airfare, hotel reservations, car rental)
- Pre-reading materials
- Catering, AV and room set-up
- Participants lists, sign-in sheets and agendas
- Handout materials and binders
- Material pick-ups and deliveries
- Updating of slides as requested
- Database Updates
- Evaluation support through Survey Monkey
- Supporting development of presentation materials
- Scheduling and coordination of staff team meetings
Meeting Center Logistics:
- Maintaining the meeting calendar for the organization and its various meeting rooms/locations
- Assisting in creating and coordinating policies and procedures and necessary tracking tools for organizational meeting spaces
- Assisting with arrangements, set up and coordination of internal and external meetings, events, and training sessions held in the meeting center
- Coordinating the booking, use and maintenance of A/V equipment
- Providing staff support for Boards of Directors
- Backing up the Receptionist/Front Desk, as requested
- Assuming various administrative support duties for the organization (may include supply management, meeting management, database support, mail distribution)
- Contributing to other team projects as requested and as time permits
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals
- Experience in administrative support/project management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Excel
- Proficiency with/ability to learn on-line meeting platforms (e.g., ZOOM, Webex, Microsoft Teams) and other meeting software (e.g., GroupMail)
The Administrative Assistant must have excellent written and oral communication skills, a strong work ethic, high energy, the ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously, and the ability to participate in teams. The employee must model the values of respect, courtesy, generosity, teamwork, and a positive attitude.
As expected of all employees of the Jewish Healthcare Foundation, the Administrative Assistant will abide by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place. This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
OFFICE LOCATION: DOWNTOWN PITTSBURGH
Note: The Position is full-time, available immediately and may begin as remote/semi-remote, but will transition to in-person/in-office when public health guidelines allow.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org