Under the supervision of the department Director, supervise and collaborate with Resettlement and Placement refugee caseworkers to provide comprehensive resettlement services for newly arriving refugees, SIVs and parolees. Refugee Casework Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the Reception and Placement (R&P) team successfully provide pre-migration and post-arrival services adhering to precise guidelines. The Refugee Casework supervisor is responsible for day-to-day program operation including monitoring of caseloads, case assignments, client documents and case consulting.
- Licensure as a practitioner in social work required (LSW/LCSW).
- Strong administration, management, training and organization skills.
- Minimum 5 years’ of experience with immigrant/refugee services, service coordination with underserved populations, along with program monitoring background.
- Experience in providing direct supervision.
- Experience with IT systems and quality assurance reports.
- Alert to cross-cultural differences in dealing with clients from diverse cultural backgrounds, highly skilled in working in a culturally sensitive manner and able to respond appropriately to the cultural characteristics of the clients.
- Excellent team player with organizational and communication skills. Willingness to work in the field; car and ability to maintain PA driver’s license and auto insurance required.
- Proficiency in another language is a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule is required (including evenings and weekends)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Case Management – Core Service Deliver
- Guide the implementation of direct service programs and ensure all core services are completed in a timely manner including the provision of safe, sanitary, and affordable housing for new arrivals.
- Ensure all services provided by our R&P team are within program compliance of the U.S. Department of State, Reception and Placement Cooperative Agreement
- Coordinate pre-arrival case processing, check database daily to monitor new arrivals, assign cases to staff, assure cases agency has accepted, communicate with US ties and HIAS, JFCS’s national VOLOG.
- Conduct and ensure all core service provision per funding guidelines. This includes home visits, assessments, lease signing, intakes, cultural orientation provision as well as scheduling and connecting to external resources including government benefits, healthcare, school, ESL, and others as required.
- Supports Director to manage and create partnerships with property owners to ensure adequate housing for newly arriving refugees that meets program housing requirements.
- Collaborate with local health and human service agencies to ensure refugees are connected to appropriate benefit programs.
- Provides for case consultation using the concepts and best practices of social work for the entire R&P team.
- Functions as a key part of the R&P team, supporting, advising, and supervising R&P team members.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings with the team to ensure follow-up on all items, follow up on each active case and identify items to complete as a team/individual.
- Assign cases to caseworkers and support the implementation of direct service programs ensuring all core services during pre-arrival and post-arrival are completed in a timely manner.
- Assists staff with their talent development and training.
- Supports Director in the hiring process of new refugee caseworkers.
- Recruits, interviews, and supervises MSW interns for R&P and other department programs.
- The Refugee Casework Supervisor assists in program quality improvement and is responsible for entering information into the data management system within a specific timeframe, running reports, and assisting in the gathering of information/ideas for grant proposals, audits, and reports.
- In collaboration with the R&I Service Administrator, monitor program execution to ensure compliance with all funding requirements; communicate program needs to the Director.
- Ensure that case file documentation is maintained in compliance with contract requirements.
- In collaboration with the R&I Service Administrator, prepares documentation for all monitoring visits including HIAS, state, and federal agencies.
- Guide the timely implementation of program updates as needed.
- Review R&P period reports.
- Represents JFCS in community events to share information about refugee resettlement.
Founded 81 years ago, JFCS was voted one of Pittsburgh’s best places to work for 10 years running. We are committed to helping people of all ages and backgrounds through life’s changes and challenges. We do this by providing comprehensive, innovative and compassionate social service programs for everyone who walks through our door and throughout the Greater Pittsburgh region.
To apply for this job please visit jfcspgh.bamboohr.com.