We are seeking an Administrator to ensure the smooth functioning of the Immigration Legal Services department. This individual will perform administrative tasks associated with grant/program compliance. In addition, this individual will assist with development and maintenance of client and program tracking systems, streamline and optimize operation policies, provide technical assistance to ensure compliance with grant requirements, and serve as site supervisor for interns and AmeriCorps members. This position will provide the opportunity to grow your skills, advance your career, and gain experience in immigration legal services. By joining our diverse and compassionate team, you will be contributing to addressing the global humanitarian crisis and serving refugees and immigrants in the region.
JFCS is known as a local leader in providing innovative and effective social service solutions to problems facing families and individuals of all ages and walks of life. Support ranges from counseling services, career services, guardianship services, immigration legal services, refugee and immigrant services, scholarship services and we run the Squirrel Hill Food Pantry. We offer support without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, gender, sexual orientation, familial status, age, handicap or disability.
- 2-4 years’ work experience in program oversight and administration.
- Strong organization skills with ability to oversee multiple projects at one time.
- Competency using IT systems, Excel, Google docs, and creating tracking systems and quality assurance reports.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and communication skills.
- Experience with diverse populations; work with refugee and immigrant clients is a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects and analyzes moderately complex data for the timely preparation of reports and distributes to appropriate individuals within established timelines.
- Supports the director in creating systems to standardize components of operation, organizes physical and virtual information with the highest regard for confidentiality, organization, and timely retrieval of documents.
- Supports the director with keeping minutes and other relevant information from internal and external meetings.
- Assists the director with onboarding and training of new staff, interns, and AmeriCorps.
- Serves as site supervisor for interns and AmeriCorps members and leads weekly check-ins.
- Aids the director with audits of current programs and grants by conducting ongoing quality assurance for grant compliance through monitoring of case notes, documentation and files.
- Identifies improvement opportunities and establishes new processes when required.
- Assists with coordination of multiple grant-specific programs to ensure outcomes meet or exceed grant requirements.
- Supports the director coordinating the monitoring and oversight of sub-grantee partners by reviewing, analyzing and documenting contracted provider data entry.
- Serves as a liaison to the finance department, approves requests for payments, assists with drafts of budgets, processes invoices for subcontracted staff, and manages the disbursement of cash assistance.
- Takes part in staff development and training opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit jfcspgh.bamboohr.com.