The psychotherapist will join the committed and compassionate team of the JFCS Counseling department, providing mental health services including individual counseling, group counseling, support groups, education, and community support. This full time position is responsible for intake evaluations, assessment, treatment, and coordination of care as needed for clients. The therapist will also have the opportunity to provide brief support services to job seekers and those entering training programs through the JFCS Career Development Center. The therapist will assist in the development of specialized training and staff development activities including collaboration with other departments. They will participate in case reviews, meetings, trainings, and all unit research activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Undertakes adult therapy and/or group counseling cases.
- Conducts intake evaluations for all assigned referrals, including administrative and diagnostic assessments that assist in formulating an appropriate diagnosis.
- Collaborates with the JFCS Career Development Center on programming, support groups, and brief support services.
- Facilitates support groups for the community as assigned.
- Schedules and coordinates client referrals as warranted by individual client needs.
- Completes all required clinical documentation, including progress notes, treatment plans, treatment
- Participates and presents cases for review and discussion with the clinic psychiatrist and other professional staff of the counseling unit.
- Provides on-going and specialized consultation, training and skill development activities for service providers and family life education requests.
- Participates in the development of training seminars, workshops and tele-conferences for presentation to JFCS staff and other mental health professionals.
- Represents JFCS at professional meetings and conferences as assigned.
- Participate in training and development activities including those which would result in increased responsiveness to the clients served and/or increased cultural awareness and those suggested in supervision.
- Completes timesheets weekly
- Other duties as assigned.
LCSW, LPC, or other licensed counselor eligible to be credentialed with health insurance panels. Must be licensed in the Commonwealth of PA or licensed elsewhere and eligible to be licensed in the Commonwealth. Experience in a clinical setting preferred. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels with co-workers, family members, supervisors and other service providers. Must have cultural sensitivity to the populations served by the agency.
To apply for this job please visit www.jfcspgh.org.