We are seeking a Program Administrator to ensure the smooth functioning of the Career Development Center. This individual will perform administrative tasks associated with grant and program compliance. In addition, this individual will assist with development and maintenance of client and program tracking systems, streamline and optimize operational policies, and provide technical assistance to ensure excellence in service provision and compliance with grant requirements. This position will oversee the CDC administrative support staff, and serve as site supervisor for interns and AmeriCorps members. The position will provide you the opportunity to grow your skills, advance in your career, and gain relevant experience in a workforce development setting. By joining our team, you will help to ensure that our clients have all of the necessary tools, resources, and support to achieve their goals and be successful in their careers going forward.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with coordination of multiple grant-specific programs to ensure outcomes meet or exceed grant requirements.
- Work with the Director and administrative team to collect and analyze data for the timely preparation of reports and other analytics for current and potential funders.
- Conduct ongoing quality assurance for grant compliance through monitoring of case notes, documentation and files.
- Assist the Director with preparation for grant-monitoring audits, reports and proposals.
- Facilitate administrative coordination of programs as needed, including liaising with partner organizations and funders, and facilitating internal team meetings and communication.
- Identify improvement opportunities and establish new processes when required.
- Train and supervise administrative staff and their duties, ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist the Director with onboarding and training of new staff, AmeriCorps members and interns.
- Serve as site supervisor for AmeriCorps members and interns and conduct weekly check-ins.
- Represent JFCS Career Development Center when working with partner organizations and funders.
- Participate in staff development and training opportunities.
- Assume other related duties as assigned.
- Passion for helping individuals achieve independence through employment.
- Belief in the importance of working with diverse populations.
- Enthusiastic, engaging and solution-oriented disposition.
- 2-4 years of professional work experience in program oversight and administration.
- A bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- Strong organization skills with ability to multitask and oversee multiple projects at one time.
- Competency using IT systems, Excel, Google docs, and client databases.
- Experience creating tracking systems and quality assurance reports.
- Detail oriented while at the same time performing efficiently, with excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current clients, some of whom are limited English language speakers, of all abilities and backgrounds, as well as community partners and funders.
- Comfort presenting in individual and group settings, both virtually and in person.
- A general understanding of workforce and labor markets.
JFCS is a local leader in providing innovative and effective social service solutions to challenges facing families and individuals in the Pittsburgh region. The work we do includes counseling, workforce development, guardianship, critical needs assistance, and refugee and immigrant services. We also have a scholarship program and operate the Squirrel Hill Community Food Pantry.
We believe that when people with diverse experiences come together, problems can be solved.
To apply for this job please visit jfcspgh.bamboohr.com.