Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania
Website Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania
Inpire and Prepare Young People to Succeed in a Global Economy
Salary Range: $50,000-$60,000 DOE
POSITION CONCEPT: This position has primary responsibilities for several of the organizations’ major special and cultivation event efforts as well as oversight of organizational communications and marketing efforts. Works with executive team to secure sponsors and prizes and works with fellow department staff to ensure the efficient operation of events with specific monetary goals. Assists in development of timetables and marketing pieces, and recruits volunteers for events. Works closely with sponsors to ensure deliverables and sponsor expectations are achieved. Management of 2 direct reports including Events Manager and Marketing and Communications Manager. Requires local/regional travel (40%). Time allocation: business development/resource generation (45%), direct marketing (30%), event planning/logistics (10%), and administrative (15%). The annual financial goal for events is net revenue of approximately $420,000.
- Primary responsibility for identifying potential sponsors and shepherding current sponsorships by providing optimal customer service and follow up. Position requires prospect development, strong interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail and client relations.
- Works closely with Events Manager to develop annual plan and strategic timetable for various events that include annual tribute dinner, golf events, bowl-a-thons, sports raffle and other small fundraising special events. Ensures the financial goals are met and the events generate goodwill and awareness for the organization. Works with other departments and organization staff to ensure events run smoothly. Specific tasks include but are not limited to: work with an event planning committee comprised of board members, event sponsors and patrons to assist with planning and event growth, prepare executive team with tools to recruit the required number of corporate participants and sponsors, develop sponsorship proposals for prospects, assist in development of printed material/collateral to support events, work with communications team to promote events and work with accounting department to ensure all proceeds are invoiced and collected in a timely manner.
- Oversight of organizational marketing and communications efforts in partnership with Marketing and Communications Manager and Communications Specialist including: maintaining communications calendar, preparing marketing and sponsorship proposals and presentations, ensuring effective use of press releases, social media and other media outlets to promote Junior Achievement, its mission and its events and overall management and guidance of communications team member duties and deliverables including deliverables to sponsors.
- Additional duties include cold calling, attending networking events, prospecting, cultivating existing relationships, creating corporate sponsorship proposals, and new business development.
- Develop appropriate reports to chart performance and progress to be shared with senior management and the Board of Directors.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or communications, and minimum 5 years relevant experience or equivalent work experience. Demonstrated success in sales, marketing or event planning/management. Strong communications and interpersonal skills a must.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org