The Communications and Development Associate will help drive, implement, and document all aspects of a strategic communications plan, including social media, email outreach, digital and print publications. KidsVoice is a national leader in developing innovative approaches to child advocacy—including several new programs launched in the past year—and they need someone who can help to message this positive impact, locally and nationally. This position offers an opportunity to help determine how KidsVoice tells the story of their work on behalf of abused and neglected youth in Allegheny County.
The Communications and Development Associate will also assist the Development Manager with donor communications, research, and data maintenance, and will have primary responsibility for organizing and running several annual development-related events.
The Communications and Development Associate would focus on the following areas:
Communications (60%) Formalize and implement an in-progress strategic communications plan.
- Help create, document, and update an organizational strategic communications plan
- Participate in communications and organizational strategic planning to ensure communications strategy is aligned with organizational and development goals
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar of all communications, including social media campaigns
- Maintain all KidsVoice social media channels and research relevant news items to share
- Create and track a set of agreed-upon communications metrics
- Create regularly scheduled Constant Contact email blasts, including quarterly updates, event-related communications, and calls to action
- Help develop and adapt content to be posted on organizational website
- Maintain, update, and increase social media contacts and email subscribers
- Propose and coordinate production of print marketing materials and high-impact reporting materials
- Help build media contact list and implement regular outreach, including press releases
- Strategize about potential Communications Committee to coordinate ideas and feedback from staff, Board members, volunteers, and outside consultants
Development (40%) Assist with donor-related tasks. Plan, promote, and implement development-related events.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor contact and giving information using Salesforce
- Pull reports and data from Salesforce as needed
- Draft correspondence to donors and supporters
- Assist in activity and processes to effectively steward donors, including mass mailings
- Help research new potential individual, corporate, and foundation supporters
- Organize annual events, including Taste of Sewickley, Kites for Kids, and Guardian Society
- Propose and organize outreach and informational events, both digital and (when possible) in-person
- Assist with KidsVoice Board member- and donor-hosted events
- Organize annual holiday gift-giving programs for clients
Skills and Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 1-2 years of communications or cause-related marketing experience
- Previous experience in a nonprofit environment preferred
- Previous experience in development and/or event-management is a big plus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, organize time, identify resources as needed, work efficiently, meet deadlines, and work under pressure
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including writing and editing skills
- Experience with social media content creation (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Experience using an email marketing platform (preferably Constant Contact)
- Experience with using a CMS (Salesforce strongly preferred)
- Proficiency with image editing, conversion, and manipulation (preferably Adobe Photoshop)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to achieve strong results in a self-directed capacity
- Ability to collaborate effectively with staff, donors, Board members, and volunteers
Strong candidates will be able to provide examples of excellence with both creative, big-picture thinking and detail-oriented tasks. Candidates should be prepared to submit a writing sample as well as a sample social media campaign along with a resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit csskvp.sentrichr.com.